Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched Avatar in 3d. Cgi and 3d effects were brilliant but I thought the story was a load of tosh and it bored me. Cameron ripped off the Israel/Palestine conflict and it was just an excuse to highlight some breathtaking 3D and CGI.

Copyright © Jerusalem 1890-2009

See now I pissed myself at the sheer randomness of the Jew Song on Klang. Whereas the Boosh just doesn't tickle my funny bone.

However, I am the first to admit I have a fucked up sense of humour.

Something like Mighty boosh is always going to split people down the middle, definately love or hate it.

Apart from me of course I think its ok, but I am exceptional. :whistle:

It's funny becauses it's true.
agreed,the success of the Royle Family is down to the many observations that people can associate themselves with

It really isnt just people sat around moaning, the dialogue and interaction/relationships between the characters is brilliant. It swings from Jims toilet humour to moments of real, raw human emotion (Nanas passing away and Jims outpouring of love when Denise is about to give birth for example) The quality of actors like Sue Johnson and Ricky Tomlinson is top notch too, even the periphery characters like the next door neighbours are well acted and perfectly executed. The Christmas special this year was hilarious. These are like real people & situations most of us can identify with, its simply an outstanding piece of comedy writing and direction. A classic IMO. :thumbup:

Tried to watch District 9 yesterday but really struggled to get into it and thus turned it off half way through.

Surprised as it seems like my kinda film, will try and watch it again soon.

It definately is worth watching again... it gets better, we found it hard going to start with but by the end I loved it, and its not really my usual kind of film :thumbup:

Tried to watch District 9 yesterday but really struggled to get into it and thus turned it off half way through.

Surprised as it seems like my kinda film, will try and watch it again soon.

I didnt like it either, dont see why everyone loves it so much, its different though I'll give them that.

agreed,the success of the Royle Family is down to the many observations that people can associate themselves with

I watched a few episodes I just found it depressing, maybe I watched the wrong episodes. I just cant see whats funny about it. The Caroline Aherne and boyfriend characters just sounded simple and sad, and the dad just taking the piss all the time funny maybe at first then just gets old really fast.

I watched a few episodes I just found it depressing, maybe I watched the wrong episodes. I just cant see whats funny about it. The Caroline Aherne and boyfriend characters just sounded simple and sad, and the dad just taking the piss all the time funny maybe at first then just gets old really fast.

I suppose it depends on your background. It just reminds me so much of my family when was growing up, There are also some cracking jokes in there as well.

I suppose it depends on your background. It just reminds me so much of my family when was growing up, There are also some cracking jokes in there as well.

I can categorically state it doesnt remind me of my family one bit lol. Its just funny, its clever comedy, some folk obviously just dont get it. Same way I just dont get the Boosh lol horses for courses :thumbup:

Copyright © Jerusalem 1890-2009

:giggle: You know angry people come to invade some land with a different culture cos the ground has something inside worth some bob or two. Seriously though, the storyline is like any other film in it's vibe: Pocahontas, Dancing With Wolves, Last Samurai, so on and so on.

:giggle: You know angry people come to invade some land with a different culture cos the ground has something inside worth some bob or two. Seriously though, the storyline is like any other film in it's vibe: Pocahontas, Dancing With Wolves, Last Samurai, so on and so on.

To be fair it was never going to be an Oscar winner, its not about the story line, its about the CGI effects - its a bloody good film IMO. We enjoyed it anyway and everyone else in the place seemed to as well. Why do all films have to be brilliantly written, totally original stories etc etc, cant they just be an entertaining family film? :unsure:

PS Im looking forward to Toy Story 3d now! lol

Edited by lou