Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I can categorically state it doesnt remind me of my family one bit lol. Its just funny, its clever comedy, some folk obviously just dont get it. Same way I just dont get the Boosh lol horses for courses :thumbup:

Jim reminds me of my late dad (minus the beard and his personal hygene wasn't quite as rigorous)so much. That scene in the xmas special when Jim wees in the bottle I can remember my dad doing something similar.lol

To be fair it was never going to be an Oscar winner, its not about the story line, its about the CGI effects - its a bloody good film IMO. We enjoyed it anyway and everyone else in the place seemed to as well. Why do all films have to be brilliantly written, totally original stories etc etc, cant they just be an entertaining family film? :unsure:

PS Im looking forward to Toy Story 3d now! lol

I was not knocking the effects, simply breathtaking but after the first hour, I began getting tired with the storyline. A film is all about a storyline it's what makes interesting and unique. It's the reason Toy Story works so well.

Let's look at it one way, if they come out with 3D football viewing. All we going to just say it's good because it's in 3d no. You'd still recognise one of Neilson's crosses for a pile of turd. :giggle:

I was not knocking the effects, simply breathtaking but after the first hour, I began getting tired with the storyline. A film is all about a storyline it's what makes interesting and unique. It's the reason Toy Story works so well.

Let's look at it one way, if they come out with 3D football viewing. All we going to just say it's good because it's in 3d no. You'd still recognise one of Neilson's crosses for a pile of turd. :giggle:

I wasnt aiming it you specifically but some films are purely for entertainment rather than critical acclaim and I thought this did the job! It certainly takes something for my lot to sit still for nigh on 3 hours lol

I havent seen in in 2d so really cant comment on whether we'd have enjoyed it as much, maybe not but its still a good film IMO :thumbup:

I went out with this girl once, she was well fit. Outstandingly so. You could climb on top and be pounding away, looking down, and going 'Oh yes! This is the tits!' Not much else to her to be honest, she was pretty vacant - which, in my mind, cancelled out the 'punching above weight' factor - but that didn't make the ride any less enjoyable. If I was young and going out with her now I'd call her Avatart.

We just got back from our family outing to watch it in 3D. You can't knock it as a piece of spectacle, one so sumptuous, so visually beguiling that I want to go back and watch it a second time.

I've not felt like that about a film since I was a kid - it made me see a film through the eyes of a child.

You don't need an original or complicated plot, you just need to be able to weave a tale and make it an enjoyable experience.

I went out with this girl once, she was well fit. Outstandingly so. You could climb on top and be pounding away, looking down, and going 'Oh yes! This is the tits!' Not much else to her to be honest, she was pretty vacant - which, in my mind, cancelled out the 'punching above weight' factor - but that didn't make the ride any less enjoyable. If I was young and going out with her now I'd call her Avatart.

We just got back from our family outing to watch it in 3D. You can't knock it as a piece of spectacle, one so sumptuous, so visually beguiling that I want to go back and watch it a second time.

I've not felt like that about a film since I was a kid - it made me see a film through the eyes of a child.

You don't need an original or complicated plot, you just need to be able to weave a tale and make it an enjoyable experience.

Glad you enjoyed it (the film not the girl!) sums up my feelings too (again the film not the girl!) Some people seem to expect too much and want to critique every film down to the minutest detail... its a family film, just go and appreciate it for what it is! :thumbup:

Yes it's a beautiful movie and some of the action scenes were great to watch

But

the story line is so predictable even down to the main characters every word that it doesn't deserve the hype it has.

A good Walt disney type story.

Midnight Run was on the other night and just watched it on Sky+. Seen it several times before, but it's still the best "buddy" movie ever!

This particular level of intelligence in terms of dialogue has hardly been reached ever since. Plus, DeNiro and Grodin make such a lovely couple. :D