Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Check out Eden Lake if you want to see a brutal account of feral youths.

Both of them start quite well but eventually end as if they have been written by some upper class snob who reads the Daily Mail and just couldn't be bother to give either film an original and honest finish.

It's a shame I just can't blow the endings by openly criticising them. Harry Brown would be believeable set in Paris and Eden Lake if set in redneck US. I thought Gran Torino did the whole topic better but maybe that's because it's set in the US.

Internet or not, the thought of lildave bullying anyone is quite funny.

He bullies me all the time! :cry: Im a sensitive soul.

Anyway went to watch Up in the air tonight but my daft (Blonde) mate got the time wrong so we had to go and see Sherlock Holmes as nothing else on at 6.00.

Never fancied it, not my cup of tea at all but its actually very good and I was glad we went. Recommend it! :thumbup:

Didnt realise it was a Guy Richie film either. Bout time he made a decent one again. Hes back to his best now hes ditched the Mrs it seems lol

Gamer - enjoyed this no end, even if it did rip off tons of other sci-fi meets action flicks from days gone by.

Sherlock Holmes - not bad, loved the recreation of London and the comedy

Up In The Air - seriously average

The Road - spectacularly dull

Armoured - average at best

Paranormal Activity - abject shite

The Men Who Stare At Goats - fell asleep watching it

Bought Moon, La Haine and Fish Tank today. I am a happy bloke. Kitchen sink dramas on a Friday night.

Im going to watch Fish Tank tonight myself, aswell as Cash.. La Haine looks really good have just checked the trailer bu i can't find a file with hard-coded subs. Shame.

Edited by Leicfox

Took my niece to see 2012 (her idea). Possibly one of the worst films I've seen. The most clichéd film ever. The president who sounds like he's delivering a speech to thousands everytime he talks, the nutter in the woods who believes theres a government cover up...and guess what? To the scientist with the funny accent and limp.

It also urns out that the lead actor can actually run faster than the apocalipse, and someone who has 2 flying lessons can suddenly become the worlds greatest pilot when under presssure.

But my niece loved it and thats all that matters.

1/10

Edited by purpleronnie