Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Well I went to see Avatar.

Beautiful to watch (although it didn't seem to be as mind blowing as some have stated). Story was laugable, it seemed to be targeted at 8 year olds but then why make it so bloody long?

And the whole 'down with globalization/corporations' contradicted itself by the fact its the most corporate film ever!

I understand the people who have stated its pocahontas in disguise, it pretty much is.

6/10.

Well I went to see Avatar.

Beautiful to watch (although it didn't seem to be as mind blowing as some have stated). Story was laugable, it seemed to be targeted at 8 year olds but then why make it so bloody long?

And the whole 'down with globalization/corporations' contradicted itself by the fact its the most corporate film ever!

I understand the people who have stated its pocahontas in disguise, it pretty much is.

6/10.

So you watched the review show the other night then?

Away%20We%20Go.jpg

Brilliant. A Charming Journey/Roadtrip from Sam Mendes, it also has a great soundtrack Highly recommend.

I saw that on Friday. I quite enjoyed it too, particularly the bit where they go and see his 'cousin' who has rather strange ideas about raising children.

Last night I saw Joe Meek biopic Telstar. I know about Joe Meek, but his story is such an interesting one that it doesn't really matter if you know what's going to happen, and it's a great film. If you don't know about him, it's probably even better. Even the fact that James Corden is in it shouldn't put you off

the-collector-01.jpg

Desperate to repay his debt to his ex-wife, an ex-con plots a heist at his new employer's country home, unaware that a second criminal has also targeted the property, and rigged it with a series of deadly traps.

A poor mans Saw, it was ok and watchable at best.

the-collector-01.jpg

Desperate to repay his debt to his ex-wife, an ex-con plots a heist at his new employer's country home, unaware that a second criminal has also targeted the property, and rigged it with a series of deadly traps.

A poor mans Saw, it was ok and watchable at best.

Might watch that tonight, sounds like the sort of rubbish I like.

For the fans of Pan's Labyrinth, check out one of Guillermo Del Toro's earlier films (ca. 2001):

movie_elespinazodeldiablo.jpg

Aka "The Devil's Backbone". Classy Mexican-Spanish horror/coming-of-age story set in WWII Spain. :thumbup:

Not seen this one,but Cronos is also a good film,think it may have been his first film

watched Mimic last week,still pretty good and quite original (giant cockroaches that can look like humans)!