Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Invention of Lying,

Enjoyed it, funny to begin with some interesting and funny concepts... Good.. not great.

"Nine",

Shite.. a film about a director not having a film... and this film is an example of what a crap film that would be. A couple of very sexy performances... Cotillard yumm, Dench cool, Kidman wooden, Fergie pretty tasty,

But a shite film... and the musical performances are generally such scripted sexuality.

This thread reminded me that I donwloaded The Lives of Others recently so watched that at the weekend, fantastic film. Watched Taken as well - good, honest, brainless fun.

Well pleased for The Hurt Locker at the Oscars as well.

This thread reminded me that I donwloaded The Lives of Others recently so watched that at the weekend, fantastic film. Watched Taken as well - good, honest, brainless fun.

Well pleased for The Hurt Locker at the Oscars as well.

It did. I stayed up last night and watched it. Suffering for it this morning.

I predicted quite a few of the awards right as well (15/24).

Edited by General Smuts

Lou - obviously we know the ending, but the journey is very well made and (you knows it) the music is genius.

Yeah it'll be a while before I can bring myself to watch it now, but will make a point of watching it in a few months or so....

Might just skip the ending. Like you say the music is :wub:

It is Mayan code. The digits '2', '1' and '02' actually stand for sequence of codified phrases, encrypted from the ancient tongue. It came as no surprise to me to discover the translation is 'Don't', 'Watch' and 'This fucking dreadful piece of shit'.

Guest DavidJCW

I stayed up all night to watch the whole show and even though I've paid for it tonight, it was pretty good viewing. :)

However, I was again very disappointed that The Hurt Locker beat Avatar to awards that, in my opinion, Avatar deserved more last night... can't say I'm too impressed by The Hurt Locker at all... it's just another war based film. That said, I'm not surprised that the Academy went for a pro-America and pro-troops film over a film that clearly has a go at the American style invasion of countries...