Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

It's a brilliant film, much better than Flags of our Fathers.

Yep i agree, i wasn't that impressed with Flags Of Our Fathers, but Iwo Jima was very good, literally to the point where you can't take your eyes off the screen.

Also watched Gran Torino for the first time tonight, not too bad at all, i thought i would hate it, but was pleasantly suprised.

Or, I you lefty, Webbo! :thumbup:

I haven't no, but I'm guessing I should go watch it after that post...

Depends. If you want to watch a good Johnny Depp performance then it isn't the best thing he's ever done. In fact, I think Blow is better personally. Good film though, worth watching I guess.

Brilliant.

"ok you cunts, lets see what you can do now" lol

Best quote of the year so far. I had it as a Facebook status and, bless his heart, my old man brought it up in conversation somewhat concerned because he thought I was "getting into trouble." lol

Edited by Finnegan

wave-die-welle-poster-0.jpg

In an attempt to engage his students in politics, a high school teacher takes the controversial decision to turn the classroom into a Nazi-style dictatorship. But what starts out as an innocent social experiment ends in tragedy when the roots of fascism begin to take hold of the students. Before long, notions of discipline and community give way to more sinister methods of intimidation and violence as the movement grows in power.

Best quote of the year so far. I had it as a Facebook status and, bless his heart, my old man brought it up in conversation somewhat concerned because he thought I was "getting into trouble." lol

lol

Made me choke when she said it, dunno if it's still the same but didn't it used to be a really taboo word in the US, shocked me, then I choked on laughter.

Oh and Lyndsy Fonseca is my new favourite female.

In an attempt to engage his students in politics, a high school teacher takes the controversial decision to turn the classroom into a Nazi-style dictatorship. But what starts out as an innocent social experiment ends in tragedy when the roots of fascism begin to take hold of the students. Before long, notions of discipline and community give way to more sinister methods of intimidation and violence as the movement grows in power.

I think there was an American version of this film in the 80's cos I watched it recently and it sounds exactly the same. Can't remember what the Yank one was called though. I will have to watch this new one now.

I think there was an American version of this film in the 80's cos I watched it recently and it sounds exactly the same. Can't remember what the Yank one was called though. I will have to watch this new one now.

There's been actual experiments done along a similar style.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1498870/

Follows Andy, who needs to hook up with a hottie, pronto, because he hasn't had sex in... well, forever - and his luck isn't the only thing that's hard. His equally horny teenage roommates also need it superbad, and with the help of their nerdy pal, McAnalovin' and his fake I.D., they may tap more than just a keg.

:huh: :huh:

• 2 weeks later...