Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Anyone seen the new Shrek/Toy Story films?

Just wanna know if they're any good? Cos my kids keep banging on about going to see them, i'm not bothered like. :ph34r:

I was listening to the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo podcast this morning and he mentioned both lots of films. His views (in a nutshell):

Shrek 1 - good

Shrek 2 - fine

Shrek 3 & 4 - guff

Toy Story 1 - good

Toy Story 2 - better

Toy Story 3 - not as good as two, but excellent nonetheless (and the only film he's seen where the 3D didn't seem like an awful intrusion).

I haven't seen Shrek 3 & 4, or Toy Story 3, but largely agree with the rest of what he's said.

Edit: Forgot to mention, he added that if you look at the strength of all three films, Toy Story is the best trilogy there is.

Edited by Alexikokopops

Not heard one bad thing about this at all. Need to get my ass to the cinema and see this i think.

Best film I've seen in a very long time. Knew nothing about it before hand except that it was a film you had to think about in places and I think that made it even better. Loved the ending especially!

went to see Shrek in 3D last week,not as funny as the first 2 but def better than the 3rd one

I was listening to the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo podcast this morning and he mentioned both lots of films. His views (in a nutshell):

Shrek 1 - good

Shrek 2 - fine

Shrek 3 & 4 - guff

Toy Story 1 - good

Toy Story 2 - better

Toy Story 3 - not as good as two, but excellent nonetheless (and the only film he's seen where the 3D didn't seem like an awful intrusion).

I haven't seen Shrek 3 & 4, or Toy Story 3, but largely agree with the rest of what he's said.

Edit: Forgot to mention, he added that if you look at the strength of all three films, Toy Story is the best trilogy there is.

Cheers guys

Think i might watch Toy Story 3 and give Shrek a miss...

Guest ttfn

Anyone seen the new Shrek/Toy Story films?

Just wanna know if they're any good? Cos my kids keep banging on about going to see them, i'm not bothered like. :ph34r:

Honestly, Toy Story 3 is a masterpiece.

I think Kermode's wrong on this one, it's better than Toy Story 2.

Seriously looking forward to going to see Inception.

Just to let you all know, Damned United is just about to start on BBC 2.

Thought this was very good,never read the book,but the acting by the main characters was top notch

Honestly, Toy Story 3 is a masterpiece.

I think Kermode's wrong on this one, it's better than Toy Story 2.

Seriously looking forward to going to see Inception.

He did follow it up by saying that Toy Story could be the best movie trilogy ever, so he definitely enjoyed it!

Edited by Alexikokopops

Whats everyone who has seen Inceptions opinion on the ending?

Perfect ending in my opinion - was fully inkeeping with the whole film as you had to think throughout the whole thing and the ending kept you thinking even after the credits.

Currently watching the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy...again :D

The QFT here in Belfast every so often has a LOTR day where they show all three films nearly back to back. It's tough going but really enjoyable.

Managed to get my hands on a very good copy of The A-team.

Personally i thought it was awesome, More Comedy than some Comedy films and more Action than some Action films. Totally over the top and the cast is absolutely perfect. Its not much on storyline but if you just want to disengage and have some fun then this is the film for you.

I'm trying to branch out a bit into foreign movies, and have just bought a couple of corkers on dvd.

An aussie number called The Horseman, brilliant revenge shocker and also a French horror called Switchblade Romance. I enjoyed both immensely but neither are for the faint-hearted!!