Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I'm trying to branch out a bit into foreign movies, and have just bought a couple of corkers on dvd.

An aussie number called The Horseman, brilliant revenge shocker and also a French horror called Switchblade Romance. I enjoyed both immensely but neither are for the faint-hearted!!

Watched Switchblade Romance and really enjoyed it,have you seen Crimson Rivers,Amsterdamed or Brotherhood of The Wolf

All 3 very good IMO :thumbup:

The QFT here in Belfast every so often has a LOTR day where they show all three films nearly back to back. It's tough going but really enjoyable.

Ohh blimey i dunno if i could watch them back to back, think i'd get a numb bum. lol

Watched 'The Forth Kind'.

What a load of shit!

It was suppose to have real life footage in the movie but when it did show you this footage it looked completely fake.

Definately not recommended.

2/10.

Edited by purpleronnie

Watched 'The Forth Kind'.

What a load of shit!

It was suppose to have real life footage in the movie but when it did show you this footage it looked completely fake.

Definately not recommended.

2/10.

Yeah have to agree,saw this a while ago,didn't rate it at all !

Managed to get my hands on a very good copy of The A-team.

Personally i thought it was awesome, More Comedy than some Comedy films and more Action than some Action films. Totally over the top and the cast is absolutely perfect. Its not much on storyline but if you just want to disengage and have some fun then this is the film for you.

I watched it last night, I wouldn't go as far as awesome but it was decent and worth a watch.

Watched THE BOX last night and i realy liked it although it wouldnt be everyones cup of tea . A film that makes you think in the same way as donnie darko did as its made by the same people , has anyone else watched it?

Yeah,i've watched this,didn't really enjoy it.Seemed like they stretched a short story into a movie to me

So I know I am going to be in the minority here but.... Inception, im not feeling its current 3rd best film of all time ranking :S.

The first hours is probably one of the most uninteresting I have ever spent in a cinema(Why was there no explanation of where this special technology came from :S), and once the film finally got going(the main dream sequences) I still found it a struggle to stay interested(even dozed off at one point :/).

I liked certain individual performances, I felt Joseph Gordon Levitt's character was alot better than that of Di Caprio.

Two Di Caprio films in a row now have left me wondering what the hell ive just watched, Shutter Island was just terrible and I have a feeling that good press has made Inception the current hyped up success it appears to be.

So although I will probably be slated I couldn't give the movie any more than a 5 and thats only for the rather impressive effects.

So I know I am going to be in the minority here but.... Inception, im not feeling its current 3rd best film of all time ranking :S.

The first hours is probably one of the most uninteresting I have ever spent in a cinema(Why was there no explanation of where this special technology came from :S), and once the film finally got going(the main dream sequences) I still found it a struggle to stay interested(even dozed off at one point :/).

I liked certain individual performances, I felt Joseph Gordon Levitt's character was alot better than that of Di Caprio.

Two Di Caprio films in a row now have left me wondering what the hell ive just watched, Shutter Island was just terrible and I have a feeling that good press has made Inception the current hyped up success it appears to be.

So although I will probably be slated I couldn't give the movie any more than a 5 and thats only for the rather impressive effects.

just got back from watching it and i couldnt agree more , the effects were amazing but the story was missing something and i was realy looking forward to it as ive loved everything nolan has directed. over hyped film of the year for me. oh and ellen page completley miscast what were they thinking?

Edited by grth2004

And I can't really even say why I thought it was good.

I think this is the issue. Just cant really explain your thoughts after watching it :P.

just got back from watching it and i couldnt agree more , the effects were amazing but the story was missing something and i was realy looking forward to it as ive loved everything nolan has directed. over hyped film of the year for me. oh and ellen page completley miscast what were they thinking?

Definate case of good actress wrong genre.

I did however neglect to mention my love for miss coutillard :blush:

I think this is the issue. Just cant really explain your thoughts after watching it :P.

Definate case of good actress wrong genre.

I did however neglect to mention my love for miss coutillard :blush:

Indeed, but I found her rather annoying in this. I guess that was the idea, but not that enjoyable to watch. On a character basis. :whistle:

Don't understand the people slating Inception. I thought it was the best film I've seen in a long time.

The thing I liked the most is that it all tied in. There were no lose ends left dangling and there were no paradoxs, which would have been so easy for this kind of film to do (and that's so annoying too!)

I also liked the fact that you're left to decide for yourself just exactly what has happened at the end of the film.

Don't understand the people slating Inception. I thought it was the best film I've seen in a long time.

The thing I liked the most is that it all tied in. There were no lose ends left dangling and there were no paradoxs, which would have been so easy for this kind of film to do (and that's so annoying too!)

I also liked the fact that you're left to decide for yourself just exactly what has happened at the end of the film.

I might be being a bit picky but

When the loss of gravity on the van level affected the gravity in the hotel level why would this not carry to subsequent levels i.e. the snow/vault place?

I also couldn't see why everyone shared the same 'limbo' state that DiCaprio's character had been stuck in previously?

Why would the spinning top carry on perpetually? Surely he could 'dream' that it would fall over

Complaints aside, I liked it :thumbup: