Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

This had better be good. I don't give a stuff about how any other comic character gets translated onto the big screen but if they dick about with this book I'll be grumpy as hell.

I'm amazed that Moore let it be commissioned anyhow seeing as he bitched so much about how all of the other films bastardised his work.

this week:

the dark knight

well, i can only say one bad thing about this movie and thats the bad reviews it has recieved. What a film! i wasnt sure what to expect when i went to see this film, in a way i expected the same old predictable superhero fake movie which with good effects made it decent. BUT NO!!! this film has such a real feel to it its unbelievable and each character is superbly played especially the joker and in my eyes ledger should recieve an oscar as the joker really gets your skin crawling at times! the film involves a lot more characters than the usual superhero movies and each character is superbly played and you can pick up on each of their personalities quite easily. Also this film has the one thing i love in any film, unpredictability. so many things happen in this film that you just dont see coming and im the type of person that likes to guess and ruin it for everybody else lol. apart from one bit (

harvey dent using the 2 headed coin which i guessed would be two face, played by tommy lee jones in one of the older batman films

) this film really had me and everybody else on the edge of their seat! There is also quite a bit, especially from the joker, quite a bit of comedy which ads a funny but dark side to the film (the title might give you a clue) but thats what the whole film oozes of, darkness! the jokers ever unpredictability, batmans hatred for the criminals and civilians hatred for batman all grow throughout the film and a series of twists and fantastic effects, throw in some great acting and you have yourself the film of the year here! for me it really was that good! (plus we all got free tickets for another film as the film cut out twice while we were watching so that was good aswell lol lol)

the story was fantastic, the acting was fantastic and overall the film was fantastic.

go and see this A.S.A.P!!

the dark knight - 9.5 fantastic

This had better be good. I don't give a stuff about how any other comic character gets translated onto the big screen but if they dick about with this book I'll be grumpy as hell.

I'm amazed that Moore let it be commissioned anyhow seeing as he bitched so much about how all of the other films bastardised his work.

He wasn't happy about it happening and has refused to take any money from it when its released from what I understand.

He wasn't happy about it happening and has refused to take any money from it when its released from what I understand.
My book is a comic book. Not a movie, not a novel. A comic book. It's been made in a certain way, and designed to be read a certain way: in an armchair, nice and cozy next to a fire, with a steaming cup of coffee.

Watched The Proposition last night. (It has Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone in)

Quite a good film, but too many slow, sweeping shots... ALL THE TIME! 8/10.

I agree with that. I saw it a while ago, but i wouldnt give it 8/10 a 5/10 at the most!