Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

It's not even as good as Carlito's Way... :blink:

Above average Gangster flick; over hyped by chavs and footballers/rappers!

Carlito's Way is a great film.

I am none of those things. lol

But i'm a massive Pacino fan and love most of his films, give or take a few naff ones he's done, same with De Niro.

Watched Secretary last night starring Maggie Gyllenhall. Pretty crap in my opinion. Only good thing about it was Maggie Gyllenhall gets naked towards the end of the film. lol

Edited by MikeyT

Carlito's Way is a great film.

I am none of those things. lol

But i'm a massive Pacino fan and love most of his films, give or take a few naff ones he's done, same with De Niro.

Watched Secretary last night starring Maggie Gyllenhall. Pretty crap in my opinion. Only good thing about it was Maggie Gyllenhall gets naked towards the end of the film. lol

Are you sure you're not a Premiership footballer? :giggle:

The-Infidel-Movie-Poster.jpg

An identity crisis comedy centred on Mahmud Nasir, successful business owner, and salt of the earth East End Muslim who discovers that he's adopted - and Jewish. Good fun and a load of laughs.

Tekken_UK_DVD.jpg

A high-octane action movie about a young man who discovers he holds a great power and must battle a team of elite fighters who will stop at nothing in order to get it from him. Better than i thought it was gonna be, worth a watch.

cass-box-cover-poster.jpg

An orphaned Jamaican baby is adopted by an elderly white couple and brought up in an all white area of London and becomes one of the most feared and respected men in Britain. Based on a true story. Decent flick and i enjoyed it much more than films like the Football Factory.

The-Infidel-Movie-Poster.jpg

An identity crisis comedy centred on Mahmud Nasir, successful business owner, and salt of the earth East End Muslim who discovers that he's adopted - and Jewish. Good fun and a load of laughs.

Tekken_UK_DVD.jpg

A high-octane action movie about a young man who discovers he holds a great power and must battle a team of elite fighters who will stop at nothing in order to get it from him. Better than i thought it was gonna be, worth a watch.

cass-box-cover-poster.jpg

An orphaned Jamaican baby is adopted by an elderly white couple and brought up in an all white area of London and becomes one of the most feared and respected men in Britain. Based on a true story. Decent flick and i enjoyed it much more than films like the Football Factory.

Cass doesn't sound too bad, may have to look that one up. Cheers. :thumbup:

Edited by MikeyT

:blush:

I watched Timecrimes Last night, is a spanish film about a man who goes 1 hour back in time, its a pretty interesting film, its being redone with tom cruise, I would check it out before that happens.

7/10.

Hahaha very true!

:blush:

I watched Timecrimes Last night, is a spanish film about a man who goes 1 hour back in time, its a pretty interesting film, its being redone with tom cruise, I would check it out before that happens.

7/10.

Very good film,liked how it all linked up in the end

Watched the new Karate Kid movie last night with my son. Similar yet updated with superior fight sequences. I remember watching the original which came out in 1984 I think as a kid, and watching Daniel perform the crane kick as his finishing move in the final sequence and copying it in the playground. Lets just say theres no way I could ever do the new kick in this film. Will Smith's son is outstanding in the film and performs the leading role well, with well choreographed fights. He's also picked up his dads sharp wit and charisma. Jackie Chan plays the MR Miaghi role as Mr Han, thought he was little dissapointing really he seemed a little off key playing an understudy to young Smith. Overall a decent effort more for children really. 6/10

I know I'm late, but I only saw these films in the past couple of days

Dunno about anyone else but I thought the 3D in toy story 3 was pointless. Hardly even noticed it was 3D for most of the film.

I thought it was brilliant. I took my glasses off during the 3D trailers because it was all so offensively shit. Hooray, there's a branch that doesn't really look like a branch coming out of the screen! Oh wow, something's coming out of the screen but the bottom half is being cut off because it's near the bottom! The 3D in Toy Story added depth and kept in watchable, rather than coming out with the feeling that your eyes have just been violated because film makers have got giddy about a gimmick and then done it poorly.

I might be being a bit picky but

When the loss of gravity on the van level affected the gravity in the hotel level why would this not carry to subsequent levels i.e. the snow/vault place?

I also couldn't see why everyone shared the same 'limbo' state that DiCaprio's character had been stuck in previously?

Why would the spinning top carry on perpetually? Surely he could 'dream' that it would fall over

Complaints aside, I liked it :thumbup:

it said earlier on in the film that if you're in the dream with someone whose been in limbo before then you go to their limbo state