Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Recently I have watched

Twilight - Poor trash

New Moon - Probably the worst movie where nothing happens I have watched in a very long time

Jason and the Argonauts - Could have been so good but was very poor

Toy Story 3 - Worth watching but hoped for more

Yes Man - Started well but then lost its way after about 30 minutes

Kick Ass - Enjoyed it but not sure if I would recommend it to anyone

Recently I have watched

Twilight - Poor trash

New Moon - Probably the worst movie where nothing happens I have watched in a very long time

Jason and the Argonauts - Could have been so good but was very poor

Toy Story 3 - Worth watching but hoped for more

Yes Man - Started well but then lost its way after about 30 minutes

Kick Ass - Enjoyed it but not sure if I would recommend it to anyone

Haha i thought that was actually pretty good.

Can I say that I'm more than just a little disappointed by "Inception"?

Upon reading about it on imdb.com, seeing the ratings and the general consensus of it being a "modern masterpiece", I found the whole concept of "stealing thoughts" and "planting previously non-existing ideas in people's minds" a bit too shabby.

Don't get me wrong, the visuals are indeed stunning and the cast was neatly chosen.

But... storyline? Dream within a dream within a dream within a dream? Looks fancy on paper. Doesn't work within the space of 2 1/2 hours.

Logic's just thrown overboard, you can try making sense of it, but since it's a movie about dreams, there's apparently no need for it.

Thus it not making sense suddenly makes sense. Clever, eh?

As for the ending... Nolan couldn't have thought of a smarter move, could he?

Edited by Alex.

Upon reading about it on imdb.com, seeing the ratings and the general consensus of it being a "modern masterpiece", I found the whole concept of "stealing thoughts" and "planting previously non-existing ideas in people's minds" a bit too shabby.

Don't get me wrong, the visuals are indeed stunning and the cast was neatly chosen.

But... storyline? Dream within a dream within a dream within a dream? Looks fancy on paper. Doesn't work within the space of 2 1/2 hours.

Logic's just thrown overboard, you can try making sense of it, but since it's a movie about dreams, there's apparently no need for it.

Personally i loved it. I went with two friends which was good, because i got confused but they reminded me what was going on. It's one of those films in which, if you miss 5 minutes of it, you won't catch the story back up.

SPOILER ALERT

And at the end, on the cliffhanger in which it leaves you thinking, is it a dream or is it reality, apparently it is reality because in all the dreams he has a ring on, but in reality he doesn't. Also the children's shoes are different. On purpose? Or by mistake? Sorry if that's a bit of a spoiler.

I can defiantly see where you are coming from though.

Edited by JoeLCFC
To add in the spoiler bit

Sorry if that's a bit of a spoiler.

Yeah, cheers mate. Try using this function next time

you nob

In other news I watched Lucky Number Slevin the other day, well worth watching.

Edited by James.

Yeah, cheers mate. Try using this function next time

you nob

In other news I watched Lucky Number Slevin the other day, well worth watching.

I edited it for future readers. I don't care about you though :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry mate, didn't even think to do that. Apologies.

Cheers Alex :thumbup:

Might resurrect that petition to have you removed as General Chat Forum Leader. I swear I was only a couple of signatures away from success.

If you don't pipe down I'm coming out to Indian with a stepladder to slap you in the face.

Sorry mate, didn't even think to do that. Apologies.

Cheers Alex :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry too much, no one really likes James. Everyone just pretends.

Saw Inception the other night, absolutely incredible film. How somebody can think to write that is just mad, such a good storyline. Best film I've seen in a long time.

And going back to James' point. Lucky Number Slevin is indeed a great film with another cracking storyline.

i look forward to seeing this again because when i went to see it id had a few drinks = bad idea

looks great but my dreams are far more weird than that , and the whole film is all about taking over another company , its not exactly something in bothered about , i prefer saving the world for all that hassle :rolleyes:

Edited by grth2004