Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

the-host.jpg

The old man's been telling me to give this a watch for ages, cracking South Korean monster film.

Wasn't expecting anything, but it's actually really, really impressive. Read up on it, apparently a massive success, don't really know how it passed me by, it's four years old as well.

Well worth a crack if anyone fancies something a bit different.

Edited by Collier

the-host.jpg

The old man's been telling me to give this a watch for ages, cracking South Korean monster film.

Wasn't expecting anything, but it's actually really, really impressive. Read up on it, apparently a massive success, don't really know how it passed me by, it's four years old as well.

Saw it on my Honeymoon flight... good film!

THE HOST

Good film that. I pissed meself at that bit where they are in quarantine and that scientist walks in the room! That got a rewind! I won't say what cracked off cos it might ruin the moment for someone who hasn't seen it.

I've been watching 80's and early 90's films that I loved when I was a kid this month. Mainly average at best so far, but Midnight Run is still excellent and worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it. Love that Soreno (?) guy and his sidekicks, "If you **** up again I'm gonna stab you through the heart with a pencil" and "if you **** up this time I'm gonna blow-torch ya" lol

Not actually a film, but a documentary. Watched Grizzly Man last night for the 3rd time i think. Really good. Shall stick a trailer below. :D

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1353384217/

Ah I forgot about that one. Brilliant documentary. The guy Timothy was certainly an interesting character to say the least! I'm gonna have to watch that again soon.

Just found it on Youtube in 11 parts, good picture and ev'ryding Grizzly Man 1 of 11 The next part always comes up top of the list in related videos.

Edited by El Empty

The Expendables is utter shite.

Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad plot and even some of the CGI effects are bad.

The days of Rambo, Rocky etc. are definitely over.

Some of those grandpas should retire from acting altogether, or maybe start a decent acting career with more worthwile roles.

Some of those grandpas should retire from acting altogether, or maybe start a decent acting career with more worthwile roles.

Agreed, few funny bits but on the whole not worth watching.

Also, Tropic Thunder. Below average, few laughs.

WHOOOOSH!

I haven't seen the film but could have told you that. lol

41oe8odgq7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Loved it....9/10

Read about that today, cant wait to watch it.

Also watch Taken over the weekend. Basically Liam Neeson going around killing everyone who moves. Not much to the story line but easy watch if you like people being killed every 5 seconds

I haven't seen the film but could have told you that. lol

The point isn't that its not good - its that its not fun. The A Team for example is a well put together film with a decent plot structure, fairly well realised characters with some decent lines and good acting along with some very entertaining action set-pieces. Its no Oscar winning classic but its great fun to watch.

The Expendables didn't have to be a good film, it just had to be an ok film that was fun. It fails at that - the dialog is wooden, most of the attempts at one-liners fail horribly, the action scenes are for the most part disjointed. Its the kind of film you watch expecting braindead entertainment and instead just get braindead.