Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

macheteposter.jpg

Just watched this, thought it was awesome

If you have seen Planet Terror and you liked it you will love this film, if you didnt think much to Planet Terror then i'd give this a miss

and it had these 3 in it as well.....

machetejessicaalba480x7.jpg

machetemichellerodrigue.jpg

lindsaymachetethumb640x.jpg

And Lindsay Lohan gets a bit naked!

Edited by LCFC-ARAB

If you have seen Planet Terror and you liked it you will love this film, if you didnt think much to Planet Terror then i'd give this a miss

and it had these 3 in it as well.....

And Lindsay Lohan gets a bit naked!

Just watched this, pretty good I thought and like you say their is always something to look at, Alba always looks good but Michelle Rodriguez looked stunning, Lohan meh.

Working for the Film Festival nets you the bonus of a Festival Pass, so I went to see two great movies on my first day off duty:

229_2_1.jpg

A wonderful low-budget black comedy from Germany. Hints of Fargo included.

A gun for hire gets entangled in a messy situation in a secluded foresty area at the end of Europe.

tillman_story_sized-thumb-300x444.jpg

Pat Tillman, a talented American Footballer who quit his career to fight for the Army, was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan in April 2004.

Subsequently, the American Military tried to cover it all up.

This is the story of Pat Tillman and his family's fight for justice.

Both highly recommended.

Off to see "The Two Escobars" and the Hugh Hefner documentary tomorrow. thumbsup.gif

Working for the Film Festival nets you the bonus of a Festival Pass, so I went to see two great movies on my first day off duty:

tillman_story_sized-thumb-300x444.jpg

Pat Tillman, a talented American Footballer who quit his career to fight for the Army, was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan in April 2004.

Subsequently, the American Military tried to cover it all up.

This is the story of Pat Tillman and his family's fight for justice.

That's defo my sort of thing, i'll be keeping an eye open for it. Cheers.

Another trip into the Festival world today with two more intriguing documentaries screened:

thetwoescobarsmovie.jpeg?w=300&h=300

A closer examination of Columbia in the years between 1988 and 1994, with drug earl Pablo Escobar and national footballer Andrés Escobar at the centre of attention.

Very moving, and a compelling tale of the rise and fall of two Columbian idols.

The scenes involving Nacional de Medellin's Copa Libertadores' run in 1989 are plain nuts, some of the goals and dribblings shown as well as the crowd antics are absolutely insane and HAVE to be seen in order to believe it.

Oh yeah, and Columbia definitely had one of the most poised teams ever in the build-up for the 1994 World Cup in the United States.

But a defeat to Romania and

own-goal changed it all.

hugh_hefner_playboy_activist_and_rebel.jpg

Never been a real fan of Hefner's or particularely interested in his life, but this documentary sheds a different light on his life.

It certainly made the man more human and also exposes his rather unknown humanitarian and politically liberal side.

It's not just about the Bunnies.

Edited by Alex.

macheteposter.jpg

They actually made this into a film? It started off as a piss take trailer years ago. If that's anything to go by then it'll be quality.

MACHETE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJ6hwsq624

Finally got down to watching A Nightmare On Elm Street remake/reboot tonight and enjoyed it (new backstory, Freddy being as evil as ever, Jackie Earle Haley casting as Freddy was spot on) but also disliked it aswell (ending was anti climatic, acting was abit meh, yes i know horror films don't come with oscar winning acting but it was poor at times)

It certainly didn't deserve the slating it got from the press/critics/etc but it could have been so much better..

About to burn Predators now, so gonna watch that later

Edited by Chrisuki

I watched 'A Single Man' yesterday, starring Colin Firth.

I wouldn't have necessarily opted to watch a film about a gay man coming to terms with the death of his lover, but I was glad the gf made me because it's very well acted and beautifully filmed.

Bellend Rating: 4 out of 5

It's meant to be a brilliant film and highly recommended by the only critic who matters - The Bequiffed One.

Rather apt rating system for a film about a gay man lol