Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

It's about time they knocked Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street on the head, the only thing decent to come out of any of the recent remakes is Julianna Guill.

Agreed, although there is a prequel to The Thing coming out next year that looks promising

I live in hope

thething460.jpg

Edited by rico

I've not really seen too many films from that region but I normally enjoy them more than your typical Hollywood film so some more recommendations would be welcome.

Read a review today of that Sukiyaki Western film on IMDB and someone said the exaxt words I said in my post, so just wanted to clarify that I am not a fan of plagiarism and I had not read that review before. It was some random coincidence.

Safe.

My two favourites are a ridiculously bad ass gangster film called Bittersweet Life (which has possibly the coolest character of all time in it) and a psychological horror film called Tale of Two Sisters which is visually stunning and a bit of "a thinky."

I've had that for about two years now. Still haven't got round to watching it.

I've had that for about two years now. Still haven't got round to watching it.

Worth putting on bud'. Absolutely stunning looking.

A lot of Asian cinema over the last ten years (with the obvious exception of the Mandarin epics) has looked visually a little low-budget compared to their Hollywood cousins. But ToTS is a cinematographical masterpiece, it's beautiful.

And a good story, to be fair.

Question for anybody who knows about torrents and all that jazz

when i search for a film on torrentz.com it comes up with loads of choices, such as http://www.torrentz.com/search?f=the+expendables

how do i know which is the best one to click, or are they all the same

and also, i downloaded 2 films from torrentz recently and when i played them it was perfect picture but it came up with a message saying 'you may need an aditional audio decoder to play the soundtrack of this film' then some other stuff

any ideas how to get round that?

when i search for a film on torrentz.com it comes up with loads of choices, such as http://www.torrentz.com/search?f=the+expendables

and also, i downloaded 2 films from torrentz recently and when i played them it was perfect picture but it came up with a message saying 'you may need an aditional audio decoder to play the soundtrack of this film' then some other stuff

Use Isohunt much easier, any film that has a plus rating is good I've downloaded a few +1's off there before and they've all been fine so anything with a plus, obviously don't use the minus rated and don't bother with films that haven't been rated yet either..

This is what you're looking for http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=The+expendables

+105 :D

Use Isohunt much easier, any film that has a plus rating is good I've downloaded a few +1's off there before and they've all been fine so anything with a plus, obviously don't use the minus rated and don't bother with films that haven't been rated yet either..

This is what you're looking for http://isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=The+expendables

+105 :D

nice one, cheers for that mate!

Generally you want the torrent at the top of the list, or there abouts. You want one with a good ratio between seeds and peers (more seeds the better.)

Also, learn these abbreviations:

http://tamnn.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/cam-r5-dvdrip-dvdscr-xvid-telesync/

Aim for DVD rips.

You're gonna be my regular Saturday night thing!

lol It's got some great quotes.

Just read a review and forgot that Dalton was a professor of philosophy or something similar!

I love that bit where the youth says he's got no money after some older bloke has done a deal with him (something to do with the older guys Mrs' boobies). The youths face when he said it cracked me up!

It reminds me of an 18 rated A-Team because of the scenery and vehicles I think.

Edited by El Empty

little help from anyone who can. i am looking for the name of a film and cant find it on google

it's about an american pilot and a Japanese pilot during the second world war who are stuck on a island together, it was released in US with English subtitles for when the Japanese bloke spoke and also released in Japan with Japanese subtitles when the American spoke, it's quite an old fim

just wondering of anybody knows what its called

little help from anyone who can. i am looking for the name of a film and cant find it on google

it's about an american pilot and a Japanese pilot during the second world war who are stuck on a island together, it was released in US with English subtitles for when the Japanese bloke spoke and also released in Japan with Japanese subtitles when the American spoke, it's quite an old fim

just wondering of anybody knows what its called

Hell in the Pacific?