Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just watched Shutter Island, and it's pretty creepy. I had recently read the book and it's safe to say the book < film analogy has stayed true once again. However, having said that, the film does come close to equalling the intensity of the book. I liked both, but the book still comes out on top. The actresses who play Dolores and Rachel really do act well and are successful in sucking you in to the film and getting in to your head, as well as the lead characters Di Caprio, Kingsley and Ruffalo. That's what I like about a good horror/thriller film - the ability to get inside your mind and make you feel like you're in the actor's shoes every step of the way through the film.

9/10.

Just watched Shutter Island, and it's pretty creepy. I had recently read the book and it's safe to say the book < film analogy has stayed true once again. However, having said that, the film does come close to equalling the intensity of the book. I liked both, but the book still comes out on top. The actresses who play Dolores and Rachel really do act well and are successful in sucking you in to the film and getting in to your head, as well as the lead characters Di Caprio, Kingsley and Ruffalo. That's what I like about a good horror/thriller film - the ability to get inside your mind and make you feel like you're in the actor's shoes every step of the way through the film.

9/10.

Not like Dead Man Running,then lol

Got the urge to see this again tonight, not seen it since I was a kid.

it_new_movie_stephen_king_novel.jpg

Wanna balloon Georgie.

I loved that film. Very long if I remember correctly but theres not too many stephen king books that have transfered well onto the big screen, Stand by me, misery being 2 I really liked but IT was great too.

I watched Kiss ass last night - I actually enjoyed it which surprised me somewhat.

Also have watched recently:-

Case 39 - pretty good, definately watchable

I love you phillip morris - didn't enjoy this one. Until the end when I found out it was based on a true story which actually makes it quite amazing, I wish I had known that before the movie started rather than at the end.

I loved that film. Very long if I remember correctly but theres not too many stephen king books that have transfered well onto the big screen, Stand by me, misery being 2 I really liked but IT was great too.

I watched Kiss ass last night - I actually enjoyed it which surprised me somewhat.

Also have watched recently:-

Case 39 - pretty good, definately watchable

I love you phillip morris - didn't enjoy this one. Until the end when I found out it was based on a true story which actually makes it quite amazing, I wish I had known that before the movie started rather than at the end.

About three hours I reckon, can't remember that much of it really must have been about 15 years ago that I watched it.

Oh I'm sure theres more. but in comparison to how many of his books have been made into movies the ratio of good book:good movie isn't great.

And btw I haven't actually seen the green mile. :ph34r:

Fair enough.

I'd heavily recommend it. If you're into emotional/moving/sensitive films, then this is perfect.

9/10.

book > film :whistle:

Oh I'm sure theres more. but in comparison to how many of his books have been made into movies the ratio of good book:good movie isn't great.

And btw I haven't actually seen the green mile. :ph34r:

The Shawshank Redemption is another one, something I didn't realise until relatively recently.