Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The truth is out there El Empty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cXWNIjSC3I

Looks good! Based on an apparantly real event too. I don't watch many new films but will hopefully see this.

Hollywood and the CIA are preparing us for the upcoming false alien invasion (where holograms and secret government flying machines will be used to fool us). Alot of demons are going to be involved/summoned too according to my sources at NASA. :ph34r: It will be an astounding part of human history!

Deathly+Hallows.jpg

Too drawn out.

When the ginger one was carping on to his two chums about the fact that they were just meandering, not solving anything and being devoid of purpose I nodded in agreement.

It's all fine and well, but the two films could have been slotted into the two and a half hour slot and made a fitting conclusion. This was nothing more than laboured.

Nice bike though.

tron-legacy-tryptic-5-11-10.jpg

I can't wait for Tron: Legacy to be shown at my local theatre, probably the only movie this year that I'm looking forward to watching on the big screen.

I remember watching the original on TV when I was younger, one of them movies that left me scarred for a long time - I guess I just wasn't ready for CGI and that dark undertone yet.

RE the sequel: Daft Punk responsible for the Original Soundtrack. Booyakasha!

(Apparently, they even have a minor role in the film)

Edited by Alex.

When I clicked on the link and saw the initial page, I thought of a joke, too.

The trailer itself sheds a different light on the material; it takes a bit of courage to come up with something a bit "different" as subject matter.

And depression has been ignored for centuries - no one wanted to burn the fingers, and it doesn't spell automatic success.

Kudos to Foster and Gibson for taking a step into the unknown.

I'd also say that Mel Gibson could put a lot of himself into the role, which makes him even more believable.

Definitely a film to watch (out for).

"During the voyage, effects of Global Warming force the Helheim glacier in Greenland to collapse, creating a disastrous tsunami that sends an iceberg crashing into the Titanic II, crushing the entire starboard side of the ship and putting immense pressure on the liner's turbines. As people struggle against the rising waters, the turbines eventually explode, which creates an immense fire in the middle of the listing vessel.

Then another tsunami caused by a second collapse of the Helheim glacier hits the liner capsizing her and drowning most of the people still on board the ship and killing the passengers in the lifeboats."

Oscar hopeful?

Just watched this again today cos it was on BBC2...

220px-Spirited_Away_poster.JPG

A great piece of anime which tells an allegorical tale of nature's struggle to survive against human disregard for it (as many Japanese films are - which I find quite ironic given their techno-driven society).

Beautifully breathtaking!

Edited by Trav Le Bleu