Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

It's just explosions and 360 degree panning. If Megan Fox wasn't in it I don't know what i'd have done.

Why on earth people watch films like Transformers is beyond me, having said that I did watch the cartoon and had a transformer myself, it was the one that transformed into a cassette player. :dunno:

The first Transformers film was, at the time, the most incredible thing I had ever seen at the cinema. Likewise Avatar, on release.

Neither were great on any theatrical or story telling level, but as pieces of visual art on the big screen I found them breathtaking.

The first Transformers film was, at the time, the most incredible thing I had ever seen at the cinema. Likewise Avatar, on release.

Neither were great on any theatrical or story telling level, but as pieces of visual art on the big screen I found them breathtaking.

Oh I see, I guess some people like that sott of thing, I always needed a good story behind it, probably why I thought Avatar was boring. :ph34r:

It saddens me t othink I'll never experience Avatar in a cinema again. Watching on dvd wont do it justice.

The cinema was pretty epic for it but it's still a good shout to watch it in HD on a 52" telly if you can.

As for transformers, quite liked the first one and it had some incredible scenes but a lot of the second one is just so fast and so explodey, there's no class to it.

It saddens me t othink I'll never experience Avatar in a cinema again. Watching on dvd wont do it justice.

Agree but I'm glad I saw it when I did.

And, hey, you know technology's always moving forward there'll be better soon enough!

@purpleronnie, yeah I hear you. Don't get me wrong, the best films should have a really gripping story but I do love a good piece of visual cinema as well.

And, hey, you know technology's always moving forward there'll be better soon enough!

@purpleronnie, yeah I hear you. Don't get me wrong, the best films should have a really gripping story but I do love a good piece of visual cinema as well.

i think i know what you're saying squire , nudge nudge say no more :)

There's no question Avatar was stunning visually, but I need more, plus it doesn't help that I have the attention span of a 4 year old. :blush:

406877.1020.A.jpg

Really good film, but I'm still not sure if he was just a big **** with some serious parent issues... or a lad to be admired!?!? :unsure:

But I totally agree with his last sentiment... although I knew that without having to do what he did to realise!

Edited by Phube

Into_the_Wild_1.jpg

Really good film, but I'm still not sure if he was just a big **** with some serious parent issues... or a lad to be admired!?!? :unsure:

But I totally agree with his last sentiment... although I knew that without having to do what he did to realise!

No picture? So have no idea what film you are on about. lol