Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Randomly plucked this from my pile of DVDs the other night:

office-space-copier.jpg

Probably one of my favourite films, been far too long since I watched it last. In the mood for the original Star Wars trilogy now, after a Mad Men session.

Office Space? Owned it for a long time, but never watched it just flicked thru it too see if Jeniffer Aniston got her tits out in it

Black Swan is brilliant - but not a movie for the action-film audience.

It works on several levels. Great actors, great script. It's very moving (for all the wrong reasons) and it makes you feel like you do suffer alongside Natalie Portman as she struggles to go from White to Black (and back).

Also loved the colour scheme in order to support this - almost all colours blocked out, most of it is a black/white/grey.

Perfect, as you could say.wink.gif

(Well almost)

Oh, and Mila Kunis is drop-dead gorgeous in this one.blush.png

Edited by Alex.

Black Swan is brilliant - but not a movie for the action-film audience.

It works on several levels. Great actors, great script. It's very moving (for all the wrong reasons) and it makes you feel like you do suffer alongside Natalie Portman as she struggles to go from White to Black (and back).

Also loved the colour scheme in order to support this - almost all colours blocked out, most of it is a black/white/grey.

Perfect, as you could say.wink.gif

(Well almost)

Oh, and Mila Kunis is drop-dead gorgeous in this one.blush.png

One for BlueBrett to avoid then?

• Like 1

Spot on Alex with Black Swan. Won't be a great success because it's so challenging to the viewer. Typical Aronofsky film in that you watch once and despite it's brilliance won't go back to for a long time.

Portman wins on the beauty stakes. Certain scenes memorised for the wank bank, I'd take her dressed as the Black Swan with those red eyes.

Odd because I've read the film is let down by the script and acting (especially portman).

I think Portman (or Aronofsky, for that matter) have gotten a little bit of critique for the way they display ballet and ballet dancers - actual dancers have said that Portman moves in bad ways. Some aspects of the story are a bit cliché, but then again, it's only a movie.

I'd say certain aspects of the ballet scene are most definitely the way they are portrayed in the movie. Cold, soulless, dominated by discipline.

I appreciate the fact that Portman trained for more than a year to get the role done - she also does a great job at playing a role of a dancer about five to ten years her junior.

In the movie, Portman's character does a great job at going through a transformation.

Dominated by her own ambition and that of her mother (who started it all), she's fragile and sterile, perfectionist until a breaking point.

Jack dying is the best bit about it.

Hearing about it again brings back memories of being an early teen and going out to watch this on date only to find when I got there, my then girlfirend's uncle was sitting two rows behind us. Ruined my night.