Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Each to their own then. :D

You know I was agreeing with you yeah?

;)

they are only bit parts,in fact Ray Winstones got a bigger part and doesn't get a billing and a lot of people will watch anything with Ray in it lol

Him aswell, well make it 3 reasons why I wouldn't watch it.

I saw Black Swan last night and thought it was very good. It's not quite as unpleasant as some people have suggested to me but it's a bit full on

Please tell me you're joking? What was good about it?

It was just a pretentious, predictable borefest.

I still don't know why I agreed to see it.

Not a fan then?

I thought it was a beautifully filmed and acted portrayal of someone's obsession gradually tipping them into a psychotic state. The blurring of fantasy and reality was particularly well done, I thought, and made it anything but predictable. It's not an easy watch, but the most memorable film I've seen for ages.

The reviews have been excellent, it's not just me, honest

Not a fan then?

I thought it was a beautifully filmed and acted portrayal of someone's obsession gradually tipping them into a psychotic state. The blurring of fantasy and reality was particularly well done, I thought, and made it anything but predictable. It's not an easy watch, but the most memorable film I've seen for ages.

The reviews have been excellent, it's not just me, honest

But it was obvious she was a nutter the whole way through. Nothing really happened. I didn't care about the main character at all and the storyline was boring. And there was too much ballet. It was just boring.

It just seemed like it was trying to be really clever when in fact it wasn't at all. It was so obviously just building up to the climax the whole way through, that they forgot to make it an interesting storyline. And there were so many loose ends. I hate films where there's just a load of vague references that mean nothing and then at the end they explain them a bit by just going 'she's insane'. What's the point in that?

Honestly I think it's the worst film I've ever seen. And I've seen Miss Congeniality 2.

Edited by Kitchandro

But it was obvious she was a nutter the whole way through. Nothing really happened. I didn't care about the main character at all and the storyline was boring. And there was too much ballet. It was just boring.

It just seemed like it was trying to be really clever when in fact it wasn't at all. It was so obviously just building up to the climax the whole way through, that they forgot to make it an interesting storyline. And there were so many loose ends. I hate films where there's just a load of vague references that mean nothing and then at the end they explain them a bit by just going 'she's insane'. What's the point in that?

Honestly I think it's the worst film I've ever seen. And I've seen Miss Congeniality 2.

It's Oscar Season, if you wanted explosions you're about four or five months too late.

But it was obvious she was a nutter the whole way through.

She starts having psychotic episodes about 10 minutes into the film. I don't think they were trying to hide it

And there was too much ballet

...was probably not a criticism they expected of a film about a ballet dancer

Far from trying to be clever, it's a relatively simple story about someone descending into mental illness, and it claims to be nothing more than that. It's a sequence of events - there's no need to 'explain' anything, and in this case it's the telling of the story rather than the story itself that makes it a winner. If they'd shoe-horned abitrary plot twists into it to make it more 'interesting' it really would be a shit film. I'm sensing that given the choice you probably wouldn't have chosen to see a film about a ballet dancer going a bit mental, in the same way that a mate of mine probably wouldn't have gone to see Brokeback Mountain if he'd known it was about cowboys becoming very familiar with each other.

A lot of people will feel your pain on that