Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

It's rare I'm ever even close to being a sycophant, I hate praising anyone - especially on here. But Bellend Sebastian has a way with words that genuinely makes me giggle.

I lap up sychopancy like so much sweet nectar. Seriously though, you're very kind - it's great because apart from using words I have no skills to speak of

Anyone seen Requiem for a Dream? And what did you think?

I'm pretty sure I thought it was a bit dull until it got intense in the last 1/3. I get what it was trying to be and I did enjoy the acting and I can appreciate the directing. Wanted to like it but don't think the whole storyline was my cup of tea.

I'm already aware of drugs and the effects they can have on people so it didn't really shock or surprise me. :dunno: Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure I thought it was a bit dull until it got intense in the last 1/3. I get what it was trying to be and I did enjoy the acting and I can appreciate the directing. Wanted to like it but don't think the whole storyline was my cup of tea.

I'm already aware of drugs and the effects they can have on people so it didn't really shock or surprise me. :dunno: Thoughts?

Loved it first time I saw it.

It's cleverly worked because the 4 main people in the film are linked in some way or another. I knew the effects drugs can have but I still found it very shocking the way it's portrayed in the film.

Plus, there's Jennifer Connelly in it who is hot.

It's definitely up there as one of my favourites.

I love that film. I tried to introduce to my house mates at Uni and it just ended up with them shouting "ASS TO ASS" for a long time afterwards.

I just saw the remake of True Grit at the private screen in Paramount's London office. For free. It made me want to be a cowboy. I've no other opinion to add, I just wanted to make a dickish post.

I saw Black Swan last night and thought it was very good. It's not quite as unpleasant as some people have suggested to me but it's a bit full on

I saw this last night and actually really enjoyed it, infact I am surprised how good I thought it was

I love that film. I tried to introduce to my house mates at Uni and it just ended up with them shouting "ASS TO ASS" for a long time afterwards.

Gotta love some good old ass to ass in a mainstream film. Plenty of time for it, even if it is a bit rapey :ph34r:

I saw this last night and actually really enjoyed it, infact I am surprised how good I thought it was

It's just you, me and the Academy Awards panel, Jay.

In other news, I've probably missed the boat on this as it came out AGES ago, but I've read a lot about Birdemic. Has anyone seen it? It does sound rather ace

It's shit, but the worst film ever is Yeti - Curse of the Snow Demon.

LVK would be fit to win Oscars after you've watched Yeti.

ahaha, just watched the trailer for that yeti film.

looks like one of those films thats so shit its actually pretty funny. Even the trailer got a few laughs out of me

It's just so cringeworthy I can't believe it got made to be honest!

lol looks like one of them giant shark vs mega octopus/crocosaurus films

Might watch one of them sometime just cause they look spectacularly bad. tbh i think they might be purposely shit

Just got Scott Pilgrim on DVD. Its immense. Thought it wouldnt hold up as well on DVD as it did in the Cinema but it fooking does. Its a brilliant film and has smashed its way into my top 10.

1. Almost Famous

2. Garden State

3. Scott Pilgrim vs The World

4. Shaun Of The Dead

5. Rushmore

6. Chasing Amy

7. Zombieland

8. The Big Lebowski

9. High Fidelity

10. Super Troopers

Just got Scott Pilgrim on DVD. Its immense. Thought it wouldnt hold up as well on DVD as it did in the Cinema but it fooking does. Its a brilliant film and has smashed its way into my top 10.

1. Almost Famous

2. Garden State

3. Scott Pilgrim vs The World

4. Shaun Of The Dead

5. Rushmore

6. Chasing Amy

7. Zombieland

8. The Big Lebowski

9. High Fidelity

10. Super Troopers

Through the back door?