Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

u_Christoph_Waltz_in_Inglourious_Basterds.jpg

I love it! I know it has its critics and maybe being able to understand all the languages (apart from Italian) in the movie added another dimension, but it just has amazingly cool scenes. He doesn't do bad movies that Quentin.

Also went to see 'Biutiful' the other day. Its excellent, it really is. Javier Bardem and Maricel Alvarez are both fantastic in their roles and I like how it portrays the actions and situations of the characters in a very nuanced way. Very deserved nominations for the award ceremonies!! :thumbup:

Watched this last week. Was...umm..interesting. lol

Hated the rape scenes. Can't be doing with seeing that in films. Turns my stomach. <_<

Have you seen the original?

Rarely is a remake as good as the original. But I might go and see it because its years since I saw the original film.

Have you seen the original?

Rarely is a remake as good as the original. But I might go and see it because its years since I saw the original film.

No i've never seen the original, but have a feeling it may be more brutal in some ways. May watch it at some point though.

I love it! I know it has its critics and maybe being able to understand all the languages (apart from Italian) in the movie added another dimension, but it just has amazingly cool scenes. He doesn't do bad movies that Quentin.

Also went to see 'Biutiful' the other day. Its excellent, it really is. Javier Bardem and Maricel Alvarez are both fantastic in their roles and I like how it portrays the actions and situations of the characters in a very nuanced way. Very deserved nominations for the award ceremonies!! :thumbup:

What I love most about Inglourious Basterds is his willingness to stick to long takes and thus longer scenes - the dialogue is second to none!

It's very old-fashioned in a way. You have to go all the way back into the 40ies and 50ies for movies with a similar style.

Also, Tarantino's talent of building up suspense gradually, much like Hitchcock, for instance - it's something not many modern directors have a knack for. Landa's interrogation of the French farmer at the beginning or the meeting in the cellar tavern stick out.

Edited by Prussian

What I love most about Inglourious Basterds is his willingness to stick to long takes and thus longer scenes - the dialogue is second to none!

It's very old-fashioned in a way. You have to go all the way back into the 40ies and 50ies for movies with a similar style.

Also, Tarantino's talent of building up suspense gradually, much like Hitchcock, for instance - it's something not many modern directors have a knack for. Landa's interrogation of the French farmer at the beginning or the meeting in the cellar tavern stick out.

It's exactly that which is brilliant. The interrogation scene you mention has become one of my favourite opening scenes ever.

I've just watched The Fighter. Brilliant, Christian Bale back to his best and I don't think Mark Wahlberg has made a better movie. 9/10 :thumbup:

the-fighter-poster-472x700.jpg

Yeah, i really want to see this as well. I think Wahlbergs acting has improved so much over the years.

I watched The Other Guys last night. 7.5 out of 10 - plenty of laughs!

Megamind the other night. 7.0 - some laughs once it gets going, worth a watch defo.

Will Ferrell is a funny dude.

I loathe the guy. Ever since I saw the first half hour of Stepbrothers he's been on my deathwish-list :whistle: