Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

MacGruber. What a guy!

Only 5.5 on imdb but I'd give it a 7 at least. Made me howl at least 20 times and what more can you ask for?

Plenty of cameos by wrestlers for all you wrestling fans! I noticed Big Show, Chris Jericho, Kane, Mark Henry and a couple of others in there.

I'd take Bogart over Grant and the Maltese Falcon over almost any other noir.

It's not even Bogart that makes it for me, nor Greenstreet, the whole thing for me is just Lorre scene-stealing from beginning to end. Stunning bit of film.

His Girl Friday isn't noir. Just a damn funny, old fashioned, fast talking comedy type thing.

Saw True Grit tonight, besides the immense arse ache I'd received by the end, it was a bloody good watch. As MikeyT said previously, the girl in it was top notch, made her character (who's meant to be 14 I think) sound about 30 with some of the stuff she comes out with. Some great scenes in it and it's shot really well, proper Western style like.

Highly reccomend it.

Saw True Grit tonight, besides the immense arse ache I'd received by the end, it was a bloody good watch. As MikeyT said previously, the girl in it was top notch, made her character (who's meant to be 14 I think) sound about 30 with some of the stuff she comes out with. Some great scenes in it and it's shot really well, proper Western style like.

Highly reccomend it.

Good, im glad they have done the original proud by making a good remake - i will look forward to seeing it

only just watched green street for the first ever time absolutely brilliant film, and just kinda random but in the film they mention every team having a firm. is that true and if so did we have a firm?

Seen it about 5 times but never came to thinking about if we had one.

So, I went to search, and guess what we're called...

Baby Squad.

Other crazy-named firms

Apparently so, too.

Also, The Baby Squad have had a lot of fights with the Chelsea Headhunters, Luton, Coventry and Norwich, if Wikipedia again is anything to go by :)

yh dont know whether to trust it or not, this might sound stupid but to me being second most violent team in england aint bad seen as all my mates at school reckon leicester aint got very good fans, not passionate apparently but second most violent team in england proves we aint what people think

yh dont know whether to trust it or not, this might sound stupid but to me being second most violent team in england aint bad seen as all my mates at school reckon leicester aint got very good fans, not passionate apparently but second most violent team in england proves we aint what people think

:/ yeah something to be proud of! Proves we have better fans!

Any recommendations for TV Box sets and new to DVD film releases appreciated.

My fave things on Boxset have been : The West Wing, 24 and the Soprano's........

Enjoy lots of different genres of film........ but not been to the cinema for a couple of years so may have missed some good-uns.........

I'm all ears:

Watched the first series of The Wire - enjoyed it but it began to feel slow....

Mad Men I hear good things about will take a look.

X Files and Firefly - not convinced!

Wee wee - I'm gonna need some more information Ron.

Edit: Slipped Deadwood in there I notice young man....... looks interesting, gonna take me a while though to get used to Lovejoy as a serious hardline gun slinger though lol

Edited by Nick

Don't give up on the Wire, seasons three and four are absolutely fucking brilliant theatre. You'll know in the first two or three episodes of season two whether you'll like it or not, to be honest. It's "good" by the standards of most television but it's the weakest in the Wire boxed set in my opinion - I didn't like Sobotka or the stevedore storyline at all really.

Deadwood is another great shout from Alex, Lovejoy's not really a gunslinger type - he's a shifty, nasty little willy puller in fact but he plays the character brilliantly. You'll certainly learn a few new interesting ways to swear!

Lastly, absolutely don't turn your nose up at Firefly! Honestly one of the most well-written pieces of character drama ever. If you can get past the fact it's a Western set on a spaceship written by the guy that wrote Buffy then it's brilliant. It's only a few episodes long which is a massive tragedy, you'll fall in love with the crew of Serenity.

Recommendation from me that no-one else has said yet, firstly Nick, given your political interests - get yourself The Thick Of It, at very least the first two series. Series three was good but not quite as strong as the others; it's every bit worth the hype - Capaldi is absolutely brilliant.

Don't give up on the Wire, seasons three and four are absolutely ****ing brilliant theatre. You'll know in the first two or three episodes of season two whether you'll like it or not, to be honest. It's "good" by the standards of most television but it's the weakest in the Wire boxed set in my opinion - I didn't like Sobotka or the stevedore storyline at all really.

Deadwood is another great shout from Alex, Lovejoy's not really a gunslinger type - he's a shifty, nasty little willy puller in fact but he plays the character brilliantly. You'll certainly learn a few new interesting ways to swear!

Lastly, absolutely don't turn your nose up at Firefly! Honestly one of the most well-written pieces of character drama ever. If you can get past the fact it's a Western set on a spaceship written by the guy that wrote Buffy then it's brilliant. It's only a few episodes long which is a massive tragedy, you'll fall in love with the crew of Serenity.

Recommendation from me that no-one else has said yet, firstly Nick, given your political interests - get yourself The Thick Of It, at very least the first two series. Series three was good but not quite as strong as the others; it's every bit worth the hype - Capaldi is absolutely brilliant.

All received - thanks. The Thick Of It now ordered 12.93 all in for the 3 series on Amazon - didn't realise it was the work of the old team responsible for so much great comedy - thanks.

Also I watched In the Loop and enjoyed it - had no idea it was a spin off film - I had never heard of the series!

Edited by Nick

Any recommendations for TV Box sets and new to DVD film releases appreciated.

My fave things on Boxset have been : The West Wing, 24 and the Soprano's........

Enjoy lots of different genres of film........ but not been to the cinema for a couple of years so may have missed some good-uns.........

I'm all ears:

I have the first four series of 'Ultimate Force' haven't seen them in years but it used to be a decent watch.

I would have suggested Heroes as i really got into that series before they cancelled it so i wouldn't bother as it just ends mind series.

I've always wanted the watch The Wire and 24 though, heard lots of good things about them.

Law Abiding Citizen, Dinner for Schmucks, Death at a Funeral, Green Zone, Grown Ups, The Social Network, Salt and The Tourist are all films which i have seen recently and would recommend.

Edited by Jackirius

I have the first four series of 'Ultimate Force' haven't seen them in years but it used to be a decent watch.

I would have suggested Heroes as i really got into that series before they cancelled it so i wouldn't bother as it just ends mind series.

I've always wanted the watch The Wire and 24 though, heard lots of good things about them.

Law Abiding Citizen, Dinner for Schmucks, Death at a Funeral, Green Zone, Grown Ups, The Social Network, Salt and The Tourist are all films which i have seen recently and would recommend.

Ta Jack.