Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I am sickened and disgusted that Firefly should be dismissed in the same sentence as the X-Files. :angry:

Just watched Downfall, which was very impressive. Never thought I'd feel sympathy for Nazis.

Not much and not many, but sympathy nonetheless.

I am sickened and disgusted that Firefly should be dismissed in the same sentence as the X-Files. :angry:

Just watched Downfall, which was very impressive. Never thought I'd feel sympathy for Nazis.

Not much and not many, but sympathy nonetheless.

lol - I may have callously lumped them together in a moment of ignorant sci-fi association. For this I apologise, I shall also be on the lookout for a second hand box-set for a steal - thanks Trav.

MTWG - I'll take a look at Arrested Development - thanks.

I watched Leon last night. I never saw it when it was out, but I remember folk raving about it.

I thought it was ridiculous and clunky

Why, did you fancy Natalie Portman thus making viewing it a little uncomfortable?

lol - I may have callously lumped them together in a moment of ignorant sci-fi association. For this I apologise, I shall also be on the lookout for a second hand box-set for a steal - thanks Trav.

MTWG - I'll take a look at Arrested Development - thanks.

You're forgiven. :thumbup:

To be fair, I can understand a dismissal of sci-fi. There's a lot of dross that sci-fi types (and in saying this I hold my hand up as being partial to a bit of sci-fi) will just eat up regardless of quality and just because it's sci-fi. Firefly however is much closer to being an alternative retelling of people finding their place in the universe. It's cliched in some ways (but haven't all stories been told before in one way or another?), but in turns hilarious, moving and intriguing.

How it got cancelled I'll never know.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Seconded.

Also i'd add Chuck, Friday Night Lights and 30 Rock

I heard people raving about arrested development so I watched a couple of episodes, maybe I saw the worst 2 but it wasn't funny at all. Really obvious and unintelligent. Perhaps I should give it another chance.

Why, did you fancy Natalie Portman thus making viewing it a little uncomfortable?

I've reflected on this and concluded that I definitely fancy Natalie Portman more as a demented, devil eyed aquatic bird than a 12 year old girl. A bit like how I fancy Helena Bonham-Carter more as a monkey

Do you like True Blood, i watched the first 9 or 10 episodes and it just seemed to get more ridiculous throughout. What series is it in now?

Now on Series 3,i just stuck with it and now reeally enjoy it!

Any recommendations for TV Box sets and new to DVD film releases appreciated.

My fave things on Boxset have been : The West Wing, 24 and the Soprano's........

Enjoy lots of different genres of film........ but not been to the cinema for a couple of years so may have missed some good-uns.........

I'm all ears:

Forgot to mention Dexter

I heard people raving about arrested development so I watched a couple of episodes, maybe I saw the worst 2 but it wasn't funny at all. Really obvious and unintelligent. Perhaps I should give it another chance.

That was really the problem - nobody 'got' it at the time and im not convinced it even made it over here. With the benefit of the internet and hindsight its only recently been gotten people raving considering the finale aired in 2006,

Definately give it another chance its excellent.

Im suprised Filbert Way hasn't piled in on this yet!

STEVE HOLT!

Drive-Angry-3d-UK-Poster.jpg

Just been to see this,acting is so bad,but the use of 3D is easily the best since Avatar

The bird is sooo fit! shame shes a rug muncher :blink:

She's bi. She's a cock-sucking rug-muncher :)

human_centipede_header-512x321.jpg

Have you watched A Serbian Film? It eclipses Human Centipede apparently. I've only watched the latter.

She's bi. She's a cock-sucking rug-muncher :)

even better :wub:

Have you watched A Serbian Film? It eclipses Human Centipede apparently. I've only watched the latter.

have heard about Serbian Film but the baby rape puts me off :nono: