Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Bank Job: ****ing attrocious. Whichever way you want to dissect this movie it was a hideous piece of celluloid.

Jumpers: The only way to enjoy this film is to be 12 or have the imagination of an apprentice accountant.

Is this junk the stuff we have to suffer because of the writers' strike last year? I need to write more screenplays.

Went to watch Somers Town, the latest movie by Shane Meadows, at the weekend.

It's not a classic by any means, but was pleasant enough - certainly a lot more so than the England game would have been.

I forgot that was out, gonna take a look at that. Love Shane Meadows.

Watched The Orphange last night...

It is a brilliant film, but I have no idea what category it should be in... Is it a Horror, thriller, family drama... I just don't know...

Good film though, you (yes you!) should watch it!

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - Fantastic film with one of the most powerful endings ever in film. Having read the book first I knew what was coming, but it still doesn't really prepare you... I have never sat in the cinema at the end of a film where EVERYONE is sat silently, unmoving a few minutes into the end credits. Should watch!

It is a brilliant film, but I have no idea what category it should be in... Is it a Horror, thriller, family drama... I just don't know...

Think I might have to give that a bit of a watching.

Anybody know is The Strangers is any good? Heard it was off a mate but he's well known for liking anything with a 2 star or less rating, or anything that bypasses cinemas entirely

Think I might have to give that a bit of a watching.

Anybody know is The Strangers is any good? Heard it was off a mate but he's well known for liking anything with a 2 star or less rating, or anything that bypasses cinemas entirely

Dont mention you liked The orphangae fox you forest will slaughter you, it has subtitles you know.

I saw The Strangers over the weekend. It was only the 2nd movie I've seen at the cinema in America, it was all a bit weird (the experience not the film), the yanks will talk out loud whlst the movie is going on, shout and cheer at the screen, it was really annoying, i guess they cant ever be quiet.

Apart from that the film was ok, quite slow and seemed very short. Theres a few moments that make you jump and theres quite a nasty bit near the end, it was ok.

It is indeed. Saw it at the cinema when it came out.

I'd say it's pretty much a horror movie, that manages to be "fresh" even though it uses plenty of clichés. Probably down to the good storyline.

I watched Snakes on a Plane on Saturday and got bored after an hour so turned it off. I'm rubbish at watching fims, I have a very short attention span. That said the film did nothing to really grip or involve me and I didn't really care if they all died. Decent enterntainment at times but not very engrossing.

Dont mention you liked The orphangae fox you forest will slaughter you, it has subtitles you know.

I saw The Strangers over the weekend. It was only the 2nd movie I've seen at the cinema in America, it was all a bit weird (the experience not the film), the yanks will talk out loud whlst the movie is going on, shout and cheer at the screen, it was really annoying, i guess they cant ever be quiet.

Apart from that the film was ok, quite slow and seemed very short. Theres a few moments that make you jump and theres quite a nasty bit near the end, it was ok.

Bored because people have stopped biting?

Just watched "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford."

Not bad, up there with "Keyser Soze Strings Along the Cop With a Shaggy Dog Story" or "Maximus Decimus Meridius Kills Emporer Commodus in the Colluseum".

However, I still prefer "Oooooh, It's the Name of his Toboggan!" and "Don't Look At the Ark Marian." :thumbup:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu