Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Beneath+Hill+60_presenter_screen+3.jpg

Just finished watching this, easily one of the best films i've ever seen a must watch for anyone

Just had a read about it. Sounds really good. Love anything to do with the wars anyway. Will give this one a look. Cheers for that. :thumbup:

Just had a read about it. Sounds really good. Love anything to do with the wars anyway. Will give this one a look. Cheers for that. :thumbup:

Well worth watching one of the best Aussie films ever made in my opinion, some really good acting as well.

Johnny Got His Gun is still the fucking freakiest film I've ever seen, still feel uncomfortable watching it.

Original or re-make?

Reason i ask is, that i have never seen either. Original has a good cast so i see.

Well worth watching one of the best Aussie films ever made in my opinion, some really good acting as well.

Hopefully going to watch it this weekend at some point now. :thumbup:

Watched Winters bone.

If your looking for an action packed movie this isnt it, but if you want to watch a beautifully shot brilliantly acted film this is for you.

Jennifer Lawrence is brilliant and IMO should have won an oscar.

Never heard of it. Sounds rude. lol

All seriousness, just read a synopsis on IMDB and it doesn't sound bad.

Just saw Rango and Hall Pass.

Rango is not what i expected at all. Was thinking itd be a Madagascar stylee chuckle fest. It wasn't really that funny. It was a cross between Ratatouille and a Robert Rodriguez film, I wouldnt go out of my way to recommend it to anyone but it was alreet.

Hall Pass i enjoyed. Half decent waste of a few hours, same as any other Farrelly Bros flick. But they didn't go far enough with the gross out comedy i dont think. They've clearly been influenced by the raft of Apatow quality films recently and tried to throw in some story as well as some filth. Didn';t work. They kinda got lost and didn't do either very well.

Saying that it was funny in places and i love Christina Applegate and i want to make Jenna Fischer my wife. Even though that would make her have the same name as my sister and itd be weird. I still would.

Just saw Rango and Hall Pass.

Rango is not what i expected at all. Was thinking itd be a Madagascar stylee chuckle fest. It wasn't really that funny. It was a cross between Ratatouille and a Robert Rodriguez film, I wouldnt go out of my way to recommend it to anyone but it was alreet.

Hall Pass i enjoyed. Half decent waste of a few hours, same as any other Farrelly Bros flick. But they didn't go far enough with the gross out comedy i dont think. They've clearly been influenced by the raft of Apatow quality films recently and tried to throw in some story as well as some filth. Didn';t work. They kinda got lost and didn't do either very well.

Saying that it was funny in places and i love Christina Applegate and i want to make Jenna Fischer my wife. Even though that would make her have the same name as my sister and itd be weird. I still would.

Jenna Fischer Pam from the American Office? Thought she had a bit of talent to her, that programme doesn't do her justice :P

Got through about an hour of The King's Speech, but had to turn it off. Just utterly bored me. Colin Firth's performance was great though.

ive t t t t t t t ried to w w w w w w w w atch that a f f f f f f f ew times n n n n n n n ow and i can n n n n n n n ever get past the o o o o o o o o o pening credits :whistle:

i didn't say it's a bad film - it's an average film.

I suppose it's down to preferences though, i don't paticularly like films where i have to concentrate hard to follow the film, rather films where i can just relax and enjoy without having to think too much.

I can't follow that at all - too confusing to be a good film.

Not being funny but you must be massively thick.

I'm not trying to make myself look cool and intelligent (for once.) It's just not that confusing, in fact I found it far more annoying that they took time to explain basically EVERYTHING in boring detail.

I suppose it's down to preferences though, i don't paticularly like films where i have to concentrate hard to follow the film, rather films where i can just relax and enjoy without having to think too much.

Rocky 1 2 3 4

I can't follow that at all - too confusing to be a good film.

With the amount of hype I heard about it being confusing I thought I'd feel the same, but for me it was fine, I thought it was pretty easy to follow really.

Not being funny but you must be massively thick.

I'm not trying to make myself look cool and intelligent (for once.) It's just not that confusing, in fact I found it far more annoying that they took time to explain basically EVERYTHING in boring detail.

lol My wife agreed, thought it was about 20 mins too long!

I don't mind detail, I'm a detail kinda guy... good films can be any length as long as they can keep my interest!

But as for confusing, not at all. The only thing that makes you think is the "Blade Runner" type ambiguous ending... will the spinning top fall or not? I saw it wobble therefore real life!

ive t t t t t t t ried to w w w w w w w w atch that a f f f f f f f ew times n n n n n n n ow and i can n n n n n n n ever get past the o o o o o o o o o pening credits :whistle:

Geoffrey Rush was the best thing about it

Death Race is on tonight !