Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Italian job (the original) chase through the streets of Turin,and the ending with the coach hanging off the cliff

"hang on a minute lads ive got an idea"

brilliant

Phew... I thought you were talking about Bullett - Which is a booooooooooring film!

Think I might have to give that a bit of a watching.

Anybody know is The Strangers is any good? Heard it was off a mate but he's well known for liking anything with a 2 star or less rating, or anything that bypasses cinemas entirely

I watched The Strangers a couple of weeks ago and thought it was fantastic. Bit of psychological thriller, which makes a change from the excuses for blood and gore that are modern day horror films. It plays on your imagination and there are a few proper 'jump out of your seat moments'. Does get a bit gorey at the end, and wasn't sure if it was the best way to end it but ah well.

Definitely worth a watch in my opinion.

I've also recently seen Step Brothers and Pineapple Express at the cinema.

I'm a bit of a Will Ferrel fan and i thought Step Brothers was as close to Anchorman as he's come yet. Awesome.

Anyone else seen it?

Yes!

Watched it ages ago but probably still the last great film I saw.

3 amazing performances from Nicholson, Damon and DiCaprio, amazing story (obviously, its Scorcese for God's sake), a lot to take in, but fantastic.

I love Jack Nicholson aswel, what an actor.

Another one i watched last week was The Bucket List, Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, that was awesome aswel, a real heart warming tale about 2 terminally ill cancer patients who make a (Bucket) list of things to do before they die.

Fantastic.

3 amazing performances from Nicholson, Damon and DiCaprio, amazing story (obviously, its Scorcese for God's sake), a lot to take in, but fantastic.

I love Jack Nicholson aswel, what an actor.

Another one i watched last week was The Bucket List, Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, that was awesome aswel, a real heart warming tale about 2 terminally ill cancer patients who make a (Bucket) list of things to do before they die.

Fantastic.

Eh? :unsure:

51HCVT0S2FL._SS500_.jpg

Ifernal Affairs

Siu Fai Mak (written by) &

Felix Chong (written by)

Although I'm still not sure which version I prefer...

I watched The Strangers a couple of weeks ago and thought it was fantastic. Bit of psychological thriller, which makes a change from the excuses for blood and gore that are modern day horror films. It plays on your imagination and there are a few proper 'jump out of your seat moments'. Does get a bit gorey at the end, and wasn't sure if it was the best way to end it but ah well.

Definitely worth a watch in my opinion.

I've also recently seen Step Brothers and Pineapple Express at the cinema.

I'm a bit of a Will Ferrel fan and i thought Step Brothers was as close to Anchorman as he's come yet. Awesome.

Anyone else seen it?

Yes I've seen it, I thought it was really poor and I too am a fan of WF I think Talladega Nights is much better, still I doubt he'll ever surpass Anchorman.

To go off on another tangent from there, I saw The Edukators (which also has Bruhl in) in HMV today but they wanted an absurd amount for it, but its cheap on Amazon. Is it worth it?

So yeah, I saw it in the end. Good film, though the more I think about the ending the more I get confused as to whether it was clever or a cop-out. Did that sort of thing better than most that try it, though. I loved the way it shifted seamlessly between the two halves, too. Usually things that try and do that end up failing but I thought it worked well. Good characters, acting etc. too. Thought it wre pretty good, really.

Last few films i've seen:

Tropic Thunder & Pineapple Express, both hilarious. Highly reccomended.

Taken - suprisingly a very very good film. I went in with no expectations and came out with a massive grin. Liam Neeson is a fooking badass!

Pan's Labyrinth - i tried but i wasn't in the mood for it and it took too long to get to the funny looking creatures.

Other than that - One Tree Hill, Entourage, Prison Break and Heroes are all back! :D

Ok I have Thursday and Friday off work, have invested in some films which got delivered today (have seen before but never owned them)

It's gonna be a bit of a mammoth session and plan to watch the following in order;

Sexy Beast (Ray Winstone)

Manhattan (Woody Allen)

Reservoir Doggs (Tarantino)

There Will Be Blood (Daniel Day-Lewis)

Raging Bull (Robert De Niro)

Carlito's Way (Al Pacino)

Scarface (Al Pacino)

The Godfather, Part II and part III (Al Pacino)

Edited by fox123

I watched the Baader Meinhof Komplex last Thursday and I didn't like - too over-the-top, too much screaming, kicking, killing and shooting. Flat performances all over the place. That's what happens when you try to re-tell history in two and a half hours.

However, I saw "Boy Of Pigs" yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. Well done, good acting and above all... Gretchen Mol: :wub:

tn2_gretchen_mol_1.jpg

I am Sam - Nice film, about a bloke (Sean Penn) with a mental age of 7 trying to keep hold of his daughter with the help of Lawyer (pfeiffer). 7/10

Death Watch - Weird spooky WWI trench horror/drama. Still not sure what it's all about! Good film though. 7/10