Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Class. thumbsup.gif

Yeah it's meant to be. Spoke to my dad earlier and said it was brilliant. Going to try The Seven Year Itch as well as it looks pretty good, plus that's the one where Marilyn stands over the street fan thing. haha :D

Yeah it's meant to be. Spoke to my dad earlier and said it was brilliant. Going to try The Seven Year Itch as well as it looks pretty good, plus that's the one where Marilyn stands over the street fan thing. haha :D

Some LIke It Hot is much much better than The Seven Year Itch.

One of the important things to remember when watching a film like this is that many films since will have imitated it, stolen scenes and jokes or even referenced it so that it now might seem "seen it all before". But of course, when it was released, that wasn't the case - it was the original. Having said that, it probably nicked ideas from films from the 20s and 30s.

As a wise man once said, "there's nothing new under the sun."

Some LIke It Hot is much much better than The Seven Year Itch.

One of the important things to remember when watching a film like this is that many films since will have imitated it, stolen scenes and jokes or even referenced it so that it now might seem "seen it all before". But of course, when it was released, that wasn't the case - it was the original. Having said that, it probably nicked ideas from films from the 20s and 30s.

As a wise man once said, "there's nothing new under the sun."

I love alot of old films and own a fair few. It's weird that i have actually never seen one of hers.

Will send my feedback on it soon. :D

brilliant film :thumbup:

Indeed, it was very good. :)

Just finished it, very good and quite moving too! I want a ride-on mower too!

You look at it and think... how can ANYONE make a story about this, but when the story telling is so good I think you could tell a story about anything!

You look at it and think... how can ANYONE make a story about this, but when the story telling is so good I think you could tell a story about anything!

proof of story telling about anything, I heard theres a film out soon about a car tyre with psychic powers that goes on a murderous rampage aha

Class. thumbsup.gif

Well watched it and have to say it was brilliant. Thought Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon were superb. Never quite realised just how gorgeous Marilyn Monroe was either. She was a stunner. Especially in THAT dress in the film :wub:

Well watched it and have to say it was brilliant. Thought Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon were superb. Never quite realised just how gorgeous Marilyn Monroe was either. She was a stunner. Especially in THAT dress in the film :wub:

Well, nobody's perfect.

Robin%2BHood%2BOnline%2BFree%2BMegavideo.jpg

Hmmm... not brilliant, not too bad either....

But what the hell is up with their accents!? :blink:

I really liked it. Bit of a different spin on it from the other Robin Hood movies. But yes, i agree about the accents. Like Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, all the main characters bar Alan Rickman obviously, with American accents. lol