Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched Devil last night after someone on here said it was worth a watch, I thought it was fvcking terrible though.

Supposedly a horror but wasn't scary at all, the ending was abysmal and was generally just going wtf for half of it.

Bad, bad film.

Also watched xxx drive or sex drive or something, typical american teen movie and reminded me of american pie but not quite so good.

Was very predictable as I saw the ending about 15 minutes in but some of it's quite random and it did make me laugh a fair few times.

Got to see this. Looks bloody funny. Plus it stars Zooey Deschannel and Natalie Portman. :wub:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2846137113/

Can't wait for this, hope it's not a flop, if it's done well looks like it could be hilarious. Natalie Portman's bum as well :wub:

Also watched xxx drive or sex drive or something, typical american teen movie and reminded me of american pie but not quite so good.

Was very predictable as I saw the ending about 15 minutes in but some of it's quite random and it did make me laugh a fair few times.

Love this film. Clark Duke's (Lance) funny as fvck, good in Hot Tub Time Machine as well (funnier than I thought it was going to be). Needs to play a lead some point in the near future.

Seth Green's cameo is brilliant as well.

Can't wait for this, hope it's not a flop, if it's done well looks like it could be hilarious. Natalie Portman's bum as well :wub:

Love this film. Clark Duke's (Lance) funny as fvck, good in Hot Tub Time Machine as well (funnier than I thought it was going to be). Needs to play a lead some point in the near future.

Hes quality in Greek as well.

Being dragged to see Chalet Girl later.Not amused.

I'm more of a Zooey Deschannel fan than Natalie Portman, but wouldn't turn either down. lol

What are people's verdict on The Bourne Trilogy? I bought all 3, slightly ashamed i'd not seen them, watched the 1st and thought it was fine, but nothing special. Just me? Or are the others better/?

I watched them in a stupid order and I can't really remember which is which, so I suppose that must say something.

But what I would say is that they're all good films and about as good as each other. Well worth watching but nothing special as you say.

If I'm honest I think I probably did it a little injustice in my previous post.

I watched the full uncut version with outtakes and was with a bird so wasn't paying it full attention...

I obviously got the film as a whole but probably missed bits here and there, I did like Seth Green and the whole Ahmish (sp?) stuff though lol

Edited by ajthefox

Watched 127 hours yesterday. Quite impressed with it, didn't get a little tedious at any point like I expected it to.

Tonight I'm watching 'The Lovely Bones'. Anyone seen it?

Anyone seen The Lovely Bones? Just wondered if it's worth a watch?

:)

Yes, just a few days ago.

I thought it was really good; kind of emotional. I'd say it's definitely worth a watch :)

At the risk of being accused of only contradicting NSLL, I thought the Lovely Bones was a bit of a let down. I don't have a short attention span when it comes to films but even I thought it dragged on. Saoirse Ronan is clearly one for the future (as an actor, calm down boys) and any film with Marky Mark is half-watchable by default.

But a bit of a flop, really, when you consider the source material.

Oh, and hells yes to Your Highness.

At the risk of being accused of only contradicting NSLL, I thought the Lovely Bones was a bit of a let down. I don't have a short attention span when it comes to films but even I thought it dragged on. Saoirse Ronan is clearly one for the future (as an actor, calm down boys) and any film with Marky Mark is half-watchable by default.

But a bit of a flop, really, when you consider the source material.

Oh, and hells yes to Your Highness.

Looks bloody brilliant doesn't it. Surely going to be a hit.

Oh and watched Dog Soldiers last night. :D

I miss Alex Cox's Moviedrome. I saw so many films on there that I might otherwise have missed.

yes me too,remember watching The Last Picture Show after seeing him reccomend this

Hello guys,

I've got this film in my head that i watched when i was kid about 10 years ago and i cannot remember for the life of me what the name of the film was but i can vaguely remember what happened, There are 2-3 kids who wish there parents away and get 3coins of somesort where they go to a place where you can buy new families, i think i remember them buying a circus family? sorry for how vague this post is but if anyone could help id be very grateful.

Hello guys,

I've got this film in my head that i watched when i was kid about 10 years ago and i cannot remember for the life of me what the name of the film was but i can vaguely remember what happened, There are 2-3 kids who wish there parents away and get 3coins of somesort where they go to a place where you can buy new families, i think i remember them buying a circus family? sorry for how vague this post is but if anyone could help id be very grateful.

Trading mom?

Link

2443126371_12b32ec943.jpg

Carrying on with my filmic Education No. 149/500.

A 1948 film about ballet based on a Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale! And yet it was very good

Edited by Phube

OK I'm disappointed in myself as i just watched The Human Centipede. Figured I'd see what all the hype was about. Have to say it's the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen. Three points sprung into my mind after watching it.

1. How the hell did this film get funding?

2. Why the hell did the actors agree to take on these parts knowing that they'd technically be stuck to someones ass for most of the movie (apart from the Japanese fellow, he was lucky,well kinda.). Did they not read the script before accepting the roles???

3. What is the point to this film?

Edited by MikeyT