Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

OK I'm disappointed in myself as i just watched The Human Centipede. Figured I'd see what all the hype was about. Have to say it's the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen. Three points sprung into my mind after watching it.

1. How the hell did this film get funding?

2. Why the hell did the actors agree to take on these parts knowing that they'd technically be stuck to someones ass for most of the movie (apart from the Japanese fellow, he was lucky,well kinda.). Did they not read the script before accepting the roles???

3. What is the point to this film?

May make you sad to hear that they are making a sequel then lol

OK I'm disappointed in myself as i just watched The Human Centipede. Figured I'd see what all the hype was about. Have to say it's the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen. Three points sprung into my mind after watching it.

1. How the hell did this film get funding?

2. Why the hell did the actors agree to take on these parts knowing that they'd technically be stuck to someones ass for most of the movie (apart from the Japanese fellow, he was lucky,well kinda.). Did they not read the script before accepting the roles???

3. What is the point to this film?

I know Wiki isn't a great source, but it does have some good points that could answer your questions :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_(First_Sequence)

1) - When approaching investors prior to filming, Six did not mention the mouth-to-anus aspect of the plot, fearing it would put off potential backers. The financiers of The Human Centipede did not discover the full nature of the film until it was complete.

2) - Before signing on, the actors were given an outline of the storyboard rather than a complete script

There's also an interview with one of the actresses somewhere online explaining what it was like to film it and the nature of it all etc but I can't be bothered to find it now! They were given massages though!

3) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_(First_Sequence)#Critical

Reading some of those reviews, it does kind of make sense.

Oh and there's gonna be a sequel out this year :)

May make you sad to hear that they are making a sequel then lol

Yeah i just heard that a few minutes ago. Oh dear. lol

I know Wiki isn't a great source, but it does have some good points that could answer your questions :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_(First_Sequence)

1) - When approaching investors prior to filming, Six did not mention the mouth-to-anus aspect of the plot, fearing it would put off potential backers. The financiers of The Human Centipede did not discover the full nature of the film until it was complete.

2) - Before signing on, the actors were given an outline of the storyboard rather than a complete script

There's also an interview with one of the actresses somewhere online explaining what it was like to film it and the nature of it all etc but I can't be bothered to find it now! They were given massages though!

3) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Human_Centipede_(First_Sequence)#Critical

Reading some of those reviews, it does kind of make sense.

Oh and there's gonna be a sequel out this year :)

Smart ass for finding all that info. :P

Fancy summarising in a non reviewer-y type way? :P

Worth a download?

Its a TV series which is a set in an American Uni and is about a geek joining a fraternity (the greek system) and his shenanigans and his sister in her sorority and her shenanigans. Its actually really funny at times and i genuinely liked most of the characters. It's fourth and final season just finished in America and i cried at the end. (NB: I didn't cry at the end. It was just raining on my face.)

EDIT: Oh and Kelsey Grammars daughter is bang tidy.

At the risk of being accused of only contradicting NSLL, I thought the Lovely Bones was a bit of a let down. I don't have a short attention span when it comes to films but even I thought it dragged on. Saoirse Ronan is clearly one for the future (as an actor, calm down boys) and any film with Marky Mark is half-watchable by default.

But a bit of a flop, really, when you consider the source material.

Oh, and hells yes to Your Highness.

I really liked the book and, i hate being one of those people but, i really do prefer the book to the films most of the time and i just can't bring myself to watch it after most of the reviews being along these lines.

Edited by General Smuts

I was surprised how 'tastefully' done it was! Not a bad 'Gorno' film, better than some I could mention.

I didn't know there was a way of making someone eat someone else's shit from their ass look tastefully done. lol

I didn't know there was a way of making someone eat someone else's shit from their ass look tastefully done. lol

Well considering they were naked through out most of the film; there was little or no gratuitous nudity. Compared with say, Hostel, My Bloody Valetine 3D etc.

I really liked the book and, i hate being one of those people but, i really do prefer the book to the films most of the time and i just can't bring myself to watch it after most of the reviews being along these lines.

I dunno. My then-missus loved the book and loved the film, it was her that somewhat strong-armed me in to watching it.

She's a cultural retard, though, so her taste's not exactly a measure of quality. But she thought it was pretty loyal to the book.

Edited by Sosban Fach

I dunno. My then-missus loved the book and loved the film, it was her that somewhat strong-armed me in to watching it.

She's a cultural retard, though, so her taste's not exactly a measure of quality. But she thought it was pretty loyal to the book.

Its in my lovefilm queue and has been for a while. If it arrives im sure ill watch it and enjoy it but im not gan out my way to do so.

Chalet Girl was shit. Saw the ending coming before the trailer was released. The snowboarding wasnt even that good and the lead actress looked 15 and Chuck Bass looks about 30 so it was completely rapey all the way through. Especially the only touch of nudity in it. Woeful. Bill Bailey and Bill Nighy smash it mind. And Brooke Shields is still bang tidy. As is Sophia Bush. And Tamsin Egerton. I secretly i loved the film

Watched Star Trek (new one) again. Its still far too good to be a Star Trek film.

Its a TV series which is a set in an American Uni and is about a geek joining a fraternity (the greek system) and his shenanigans and his sister in her sorority and her shenanigans. Its actually really funny at times and i genuinely liked most of the characters. It's fourth and final season just finished in America and i cried at the end. (NB: I didn't cry at the end. It was just raining on my face.)

EDIT: Oh and Kelsey Grammars daughter is bang tidy.

The accordian player in Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (one of my favourite bands of the past couple of years) is apparently in that. Katherine, I think. I've only seen the first 6 or 7 episodes and that was about 2 years ago, so I don't really know

High quality torrents for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows are now available for any other big kids that want a watch.

Got it on download now but there's about 1000 times as many leachers as seeders at the moment.