Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The guys a complete hero. Cannot wait for the hangover. The first one was hilarious

I rekon it'll be funny but it's gonna take something special to really be a good film in relation to the first.

If it was just another night out where they all get smashed it will just ruin everything.

Just watched The Phantom Menace and the thing that leapt out at me was...

"Of course that's Keira Knightly!"

and

"Of course that's Natalie Portman!"

Now that they're both more famous it's hard to believe that they switched places in the film and most viewers didn't notice!

I'd also like to say it's not as bad a film as people make out.

People have to realise that it is the first of a trilogy, and yes most 8 year old are actually annoying (although the whiny American accent does grate!)

Taken as a trilogy I love Episodes I-III. But look at it as the story of how clever and manipulative the Emperor is, not as an Anakin-Darth Vader story. That Emperor guy is a GENIUS! He sets it ALL up... EVERYTHING!

Battle of Los Angeles is probably one of the worst things I have ever seen, well the first 15 minutes were. I just gave up after that.

I had high hopes for this film but I'm not holding out much hope of it being any good after hearing constant bad reviews.

watch-movies-az.com

cheers

I rekon it'll be funny but it's gonna take something special to really be a good film in relation to the first.

If it was just another night out where they all get smashed it will just ruin everything.

someone said that to me the other day. I reckon it probably will be and think itd still be funny tbh

someone said that to me the other day. I reckon it probably will be and think itd still be funny tbh

there'll definitely be laughs in there, but I can't help but think if it is there'll probably be a big sigh at the start and end just because it won't be original.

Never know though, I'm sure they'll be aware of this and will do their best to avoid making it too samey.

Watched A history of violence last night on film 4.

Kept thinking something big was going to happen to the main character but it just didn't.

The plot kept plodding along and then just finished. Right let down.

Just watched The Phantom Menace and the thing that leapt out at me was...

"Of course that's Keira Knightly!"

and

"Of course that's Natalie Portman!"

Now that they're both more famous it's hard to believe that they switched places in the film and most viewers didn't notice!

Agreed, it's not that bad. Attack of the Clones however is absolute crap though. I'm sure there's good stuff in there, but the long drawn-out love scenes in an otherwise cringeworthy relationship between Anakin and Padme really stand out. The trilogy redeems itself somewhat in Revenge of the Sith, even if it does still spend too much time on the love story :sick:

Edited by shen

despicable_me.jpg

Brilliant, brilliant cartoon. Just so funny!

Watched this again the other week. Tis very funny. Hop which is made by the same studio is not as good.

Watched 'I Love You Man' last night. Still hilarious.

Bought Moon, Inglorious Basterds and Four Lions last night on DVD so ill be working my way through them soon. (i've seen Basterds already and loved it)

Just past the bit when Stiffler runs down the stairs yelling out "Dildo, Dildo, Dildon" fooking hilarius

I chain watched the first 3 the other week. Classics, all of them. Shame they carried on going after that really. I gave the one with stiffler's younger brother at camp a chance but it was just a dire boy-meets-girl piece of crap.