Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Ok I have Thursday and Friday off work, have invested in some films which got delivered today (have seen before but never owned them)

It's gonna be a bit of a mammoth session and plan to watch the following in order;

Sexy Beast (Ray Winstone)

Manhattan (Woody Allen)

Reservoir Doggs (Tarantino)

There Will Be Blood (Daniel Day-Lewis)

Raging Bull (Robert De Niro)

Carlito's Way (Al Pacino)

Scarface (Al Pacino)

The Godfather, Part II and part III (Al Pacino)

Words can't express how much I love this film.

I watched Scarface, The Departed and Football Factory yesterday, was off work with a bad throat. It was enjoyable.

Anybody seen Death Race yet with Jason Statham?

I have it but I have not bothered to watch it yet.

Any reviews before I devote some time to it?

I've seen it. I really wouln't bother with it if I knew what I know now.

I like Jason Statham's movies in general but not this one.

Brian de Palma, you owe me three bastard pounds.

I just rented Redacted.

What a steaming pile of shit: it isn't often I throw away a film one third of the way in, normally I'll suffer the whole lot, but not this.

Plagiarised ****ing nonsense.

I saw In Bruges the other week. I was surprised by how funny it actually was.

The level of comedy was ace - I felt Colin Farrel's character lent a lot from Ardal O'Hanlon's Father Dougal McGuire but there was also a fantastic non-verbal humour being expressed between the two main protagonists through expressions. This was all topped up with some sweet one liners.

I wondered if Martin McDonagh started filming before completing the writing? The end struck me as a bit odd in contrast to the rest of the film, and not really wrapping up the story in the process...it just seemed lazy. That said, I loved it as an experience, especially when contrasted with the crap I watched the night before.

Well its called Death race, and it has Jason Statham in it.

Two reasons why you shouldnt watch it.

Jason Statham is becoming this decade's Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme. Starring in cheap films real stars wouldn't be seen dead in.

Sometimes you watch these films and enjoy them while you're watching them and then when you think back you realise that they were a load of shite.

Jason Statham is becoming this decade's Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme. Starring in cheap films real stars wouldn't be seen dead in.

Sometimes you watch these films and enjoy them while you're watching them and then when you think back you realise that they were a load of shite.

You've clearly never witnessed Mr Seagal's majesty in the multi-award winning Half Past Dead. :giggle:

Yes I've seen it, I thought it was really poor and I too am a fan of WF I think Talladega Nights is much better, still I doubt he'll ever surpass Anchorman.

Exactly. I don't like watching WF films anymore because they'll tarnish what fond memories I have of Anchorman. God I love that film. So much. Step Brothers just looked rubbish

:yesyes:

I forgot I made that joke. Bloody brilliant.

Well its called Death race, and it has Jason Statham in it.

Two reasons why you shouldnt watch it.

In my eyes thats exactly the two reasons that i WOULD watch it.

Takes all sorts.

I'm afraid I'm with purplerons here, it looks rubbish!

I watched Taken the other day, thought it was brilliant, I'd never heard of Liam Neeson before, but i have now, he playedwhat i thought was a fantastic role in this film. If you get the chance, watch this.

You haven't heard of Lian Neeson before?! Schindler's List, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Love Actually, Batman Begins, Gangs Of New York are just a few of his films. God I love Schindler's List.

Exactly. I don't like watching WF films anymore because they'll tarnish what fond memories I have of Anchorman. God I love that film. So much. Step Brothers just looked rubbish

I forgot I made that joke. Bloody brilliant.

In my eyes thats exactly the two reasons that i WOULD watch it.

Takes all sorts.

I'm afraid I'm with purplerons here, it looks rubbish!

You haven't heard of Lian Neeson before?! Schindler's List, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Love Actually, Batman Begins, Gangs Of New York are just a few of his films. God I love Schindler's List.

Really? I've seen all of the highlighted.

Haha, cant believe that, he obviously didnt play any main leads in these films (i cant remember him doing anyway), but in Taken he does and does it bloody well. I may be wrong about the leads though.

Really? I've seen all of the highlighted.

Haha, cant believe that, he obviously didnt play any main leads in these films (i cant remember him doing anyway), but in Taken he does and does it bloody well. I may be wrong about the leads though.

How about:

Oscar Schindler in Schindler's List

s-list281.jpeg

Qui-Gon Jin in the Phantom Menace

qui_gon_jinn_02.jpg

Daniel in Love Actually, whose wife has died and has the kid

18366704.jpg

Priest Vallon in Gangs of New York

MV5BMTkzMjgwMTgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzAzMDY3._V1._SX485_SY321_.jpg

They're all pretty major parts! :thumbup:

Edited by Alexikokopops

How about:

Oscar Schindler in Schindler's List

s-list281.jpeg

Qui-Gon Jin in the Phantom Menace

qui_gon_jinn_02.jpg

Daniel in Love Actually, whose wife has died and has the kid

18366704.jpg

Priest Vallon in Gangs of New York

MV5BMTkzMjgwMTgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzAzMDY3._V1._SX485_SY321_.jpg

They're all pretty major parts! :thumbup:

Haha, my bad! Crikey, cant believe that to be honest! lol

Watched Tropic Thunder tonight aswel, was alright, funny performance from Tom Cruise, even a role for Steve Coogan! The cast is actually amazing in this, so i suppose it didnt really live up to expectations for me, but it was alright, pretty funny.