Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Tartan aren't all violent, no. They do a wide range of Asian cinema although admittedly the 'Asia Extreme' brand (which is the most well known) does tend to focus on Hong Kong thrillers and J / K - horrors. I've got a few titles that wouldn't really class as either, but they're the like of Joint Security Area and the Battle Royales which, yknow, aren't exactly peaceful.

You could try Tartan's world section or look up Optimum Asia who tend to do a lot of milder stuff.

Also worth remembering, though, that if this was something of a B-Movie then it probably won't have been distributed by either. Tartan and Optimum are generally a pretty good measure of a good film purely because they only tend to buy up the rights of successful films. Of course there are a few (the Momento Mori series, BR2, etc) that slip the net in terms of quality simply because they made money in the East but ho hum.

If you can remember what country it was from then I could ask around.

Edited by Sosban Fach

Did you see it in 3D? If so, what was it like?

Didn't bother with 3D as i'd read that it wasn't worth seeing it in that format,after seeing the film i can agree

Ugh, fuck.

I agreed to go and see Hop because I was told "it's just one of those animated films like Nemo" and thought "yeah, whatever, they're all pretty watchable."

I've just realized what it is and now I've got to get out of it without being too offensive. Bollocks.

Ugh, fuck.

I agreed to go and see Hop because I was told "it's just one of those animated films like Nemo" and thought "yeah, whatever, they're all pretty watchable."

I've just realized what it is and now I've got to get out of it without being too offensive. Bollocks.

I would use the excuse that you are so overwhelmed by the work of the Americans in killing Osama Bin Laden that you have decided to stay at home and constantly say the pledge of allegience

Didn't bother with 3D as i'd read that it wasn't worth seeing it in that format,after seeing the film i can agree

Yeah I would probably see the normal version also, Im not sold by 3D yet. When watching Avatar my eyes were hurting because of all the blue crap flying around.

Went to see Insidious the other night.

very, very weird. Really like horrors and havnt seen one in a while. This did the trick. Felt pretty old school and I dont really know how to describe it lol, the stories pretty mad. Worth a watch though if your into horror movies

Just watched Insidious. Now, films don't scare me ever, may make me jump in places but never scare me. This however really did have me creeped out in places.One of the best horror/supernatural films i've seen for a few years. Very eerie and creepy music/sounds in this as well which really adds to the effect. Definitely worth a watch if you get a chance.

insidious_site.jpg

Edited by MikeyT

This however really did have me creeped out in places.

I think thats what did me to be honest. So used to average run of the mill horrors for quite a while yet this does really trip you out in places. Its just so eerie and creepy it draws you in

I think thats what did me to be honest. So used to average run of the mill horrors for quite a while yet this does really trip you out in places. Its just so eerie and creepy it draws you in

Yeah that's it. I watched Scream 4 the other night and it was laughable as far as slasher/horror films go. Reall corny and cheesy. But Insidious has raised the bar for me for any other horror films coming out.

Yeah that's it. I watched Scream 4 the other night and it was laughable as far as slasher/horror films go. Reall corny and cheesy. But Insidious has raised the bar for me for any other horror films coming out.

watched it the other night too and it certainly has its moments!

did you see it at the cinema?

Sosban / Zubi - I found the name of that film I was looking for, it's CJ7. It's a Hong Kong film and all the time I was searching I was typing either 'Japan' or 'Korea' into Google. Totally forgot about Hong Kong, what a div :doh:

I can't remember anything about the film apart from it made me laugh a bit so gonna buy it again.

Sosban / Zubi - I found the name of that film I was looking for, it's CJ7. It's a Hong Kong film and all the time I was searching I was typing either 'Japan' or 'Korea' into Google. Totally forgot about Hong Kong, what a div :doh:

I can't remember anything about the film apart from it made me laugh a bit so gonna buy it again.

Congrats :thumbup:

Do you guys like Stuido Ghibli/miyazaki? Saw howls moving castle on the weekend again, love that film!

howls-moving-castle-hayao-miyazaki.jpg