Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Rico has the worst taste in films, you know this! ;)

oi ! lol

Not so much bad taste,i can watch any film and see some good in it :ermm:

Edited by rico

Congrats :thumbup:

Do you guys like Stuido Ghibli/miyazaki? Saw howls moving castle on the weekend again, love that film!

howls-moving-castle-hayao-miyazaki.jpg

Love Ghibli!

Considering I have liked all, my favourites in some sort of order:

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Spirited Away

Princess Monoke

Kiki's Delivery Service

The Cat Returns

Howl's Moving Castle

Grave of the Fireflies

My Neighbour Totoro

Nausicca (?) Valley of the winds

Tales from Earthsea

Castiliagro

Porco Rosso

Forced to watch ARTHUR last night in the hope it wasnt as bad as the critics said but it was one of the most unfunny boring films ive ever seen , pity because im a russell brand fan and ive got a weird crush on helen mirren but even they couldnt rescue this from utter crap

Love Ghibli!

Laputa: Castle in the Sky

Spirited Away

Princess Monoke

Kiki's Delivery Service

The Cat Returns

Howl's Moving Castle

Grave of the Fireflies

My Neighbour Totoro

Nausicca (?) Valley of the winds

Tales from Earthsea

Castiliagro

Porco Rosso

Laputa is my fav also :) I've seen all the others you've listed, but they are all so good it's hard to put them in order of favourites lol

Bought Only Yesterday on DVD recently, that's quite good also. Although it's much slower and less msytical than the usual ghibli.

Another great film which isn't ghibli if you like anime would be the girl who leapt through time. One of my all time fav films

cover-626476-The-Girl-Who-Leapt-Through-Time-movie2k-film.jpg

Oh of course, haha. It's a Stephen Chow film - the genius behind Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle.

It kinda got panned compared to his other works and I never got round to seeing it.

Yeah can't believe I never thought of him. I own those two films so if I'd have looked at my dvd shelf I probably would have remembered. CJ7 is nowt like Shaolin Soccer or Kung Fu Huslte style if I remember right. I think it is one of those family type heart warmers but funny. I loved it, but I loved MacGruber and everyone else I know who's seen that says it's shit!

Congrats :thumbup:

Do you guys like Stuido Ghibli/miyazaki? Saw howls moving castle on the weekend again, love that film!

I'd never heard of Ghibli until you all started talking about it in this thread. Don't think i've ever seen any anime films yet. They've never took my fancy before, I thought they were just cartoons like Pokemon or something!

The Japanese don't really view animation in the same way we do over here. Generally speaking, bar a few parodies, animated films are universally kids or "family" films in the West. In Japan it's just another medium to tell a story, some are children's stories, some are family stories, some are a lot darker and some are... well... "very" adult (tenatacles!)

Ghibli tend to make films that stand on the line between "family" and the darker, slightly more adult. Films like Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke aren't really unsuitable for children but they aren't exactly their target audience, either. Others like Grave of the Fireflies are just downright harrowing.

There are a few like My Neighbour Totoro that are straight up kids stories, though, but even they're fantastic. Totoro is easily one of my favourites, just a completely innocent story.

Oh, and the Girl Who Leapt Through Time is wonderful but earth-shatteringly depressing, if I remember correctly. Heh.

Edited by Sosban Fach

Forced to watch ARTHUR last night in the hope it wasnt as bad as the critics said but it was one of the most unfunny boring films ive ever seen , pity because im a russell brand fan and ive got a weird crush on helen mirren but even they couldnt rescue this from utter crap

Hate Russell Brand and i think Dudley Moore will be turning in his grave.

On the other hand, i strangely agree with you about Helen Mirren. lol

Edited by MikeyT

I'd never heard of Ghibli until you all started talking about it in this thread. Don't think i've ever seen any anime films yet. They've never took my fancy before, I thought they were just cartoons like Pokemon or something!

Well Sosban Fach pretty much sumd up everything brilliantly in that one post :thumbup:

If you do feel adventurous I would recommend Laputa, princess mononoke or spirited away. Although to be honest Every Ghibli film is great in its own way.

Y

:o

See above x2!

Love Ghibli!

Castiliagro

What's the correct name? Google search only brings up you forum post as a hit :P

Still have to watch Laputa, Nausicaa and the The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. They're not readily accessible here so might have to scour the internet. Any suggestions?

Yesterday I saw the new Tron movie (forgettable) and

which was quite good. Recommendable, especially if you know little about French colonial history.

What's the correct name? Google search only brings up you forum post as a hit :P

Still have to watch Laputa, Nausicaa and the The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. They're not readily accessible here so might have to scour the internet. Any suggestions?

Yesterday I saw the new Tron movie (forgettable) and

which was quite good. Recommendable, especially if you know little about French colonial history.

You can watch some here, they are dubbed though and some are bleeding megavideo!

Anime Movies

Errr... how about buying them.... Like what I do!

The real name is:

Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro

Edit: Don't listen to Finners... Laputa: Castle in the Sky is the best (Zubi agrees with me! :) )

Edited by Phube

Watched this yesterday.... Surprisingly enjioyable. Charlie Kaufman is a stunning writer

eternal_sunshine_of_the_spotless_mind_ver3.jpg

and, yet again, try as i might... i still cant dislike Jim Carrey. He really has now become a substantial performer in my eyes.

Errr... how about buying them.... Like what I do!

The real name is:

Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro

Edit: Don't listen to Finners... Laputa: Castle in the Sky is the best (Zubi agrees with me! :) )

Building up my Ghibli collection too :) Although most I have seen online, but they deserve to be purchased

Oh and a thousand times yes about Laputa! One of the best things about laputa has to be it's music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ri8vCYd9S8

Love it!