Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Is it any worse than Hot Fuzz or Run Fat Boy Run?, because both of those were a dissapointment especially as I'm a fan of SP.

Hot Fuzz was quality IMO.

Doesn't stand up to SOTD obviously and is on a par with RFR if not slightly better. Funny in places but obvious and sloppy in others. I spotted the ending and called it a solid 10 minutes before it happened.

Hot Fuzz was quality IMO.

Doesn't stand up to SOTD obviously and is on a par with RFR if not slightly better. Funny in places but obvious and sloppy in others. I spotted the ending and called it a solid 10 minutes before it happened.

I didnt like Hot fuzz, it was ok in parts but then got a little serious and much less amuzing the longer it went on I think it should have remained stupid all the way through, same thing as RFBR started great but then got all sentimental, which spoiled it.

Edited by purpleronnie

I didnt like Hot fuzz, it was ok in parts but then got a little serious and much less famuzing the longer it went on I think it should have remained stupid all the way through, same thing as RFBR started great but then got all sentimental, which spoiled it.

You'll say exactly the same about this flick then.

Don't worry though, he's got Ant Man and the 3rd cornetto film to come soon. All will be right with the world.

I've not seen ALL of the Star War's films, so i might watch them all, and was wondering whatthe best order to watch them in was? Start with the one's made first, or in the order of the numerical episodes?

Just ignore the latest trilogy and watch the original one, it's the only sensible option.

Edited by Alexikokopops

I liked Hot Fuzz. RFR was rubbish though!

You can't compare them!

Hot Fuzz = Pegg/Wright written/directed etc. (like Shaun of the Dead)

RFR, HTLFAAP = Average comedies which Pegg is just an actor.

I've not seen ALL of the Star War's films, so i might watch them all, and was wondering whatthe best order to watch them in was? Start with the one's made first, or in the order of the numerical episodes?

I would go I,II,III,IV,V,VI - Unless you don't know who Luke Skywalker's father is... if not go IV,V,VI,I,II,III.

Just ignore the latest trilogy and watch the original one, it's the only sensible option.

Philistine! :nono:

Agreed although being a massive fan of Star Wars and Return Of The Jedi was the first film I watched at the cinema probably makes me biased.

I'm sure if I was 8 when Phantom menace came out I would think it was the bee's knee's.

You can't compare them!

Hot Fuzz = Pegg/Wright written/directed etc. (like Shaun of the Dead)

RFR, HTLFAAP = Average comedies which Pegg is just an actor.

I would go I,II,III,IV,V,VI - Unless you don't know who Luke Skywalker's father is... if not go IV,V,VI,I,II,III.

Philistine! :nono:

I know Pegg is just an actor in RFR, I just wanted to say how crap it was. I've been a fan of Pegg and Wright's writing efforts since Spaced.

Also how am I a philistine?! I'm saying IV-VI are infinitely better than I-III!

I know Pegg is just an actor in RFR, I just wanted to say how crap it was. I've been a fan of Pegg and Wright's writing efforts since Spaced.

Also how am I a philistine?! I'm saying IV-VI are infinitely better than I-III!

No... you're just older!!

But the story is fantastic for the prequels - it's all about Papatine and his manipulations...

But the story is fantastic for the prequels - it's all about Papatine and his manipulations...

But Lucas seems to have forgotten about actually conveying teh story and seems more concerned about getting as many annoying characters in as possible so he can flex his CGI muscles (which he couldn't do in the original ones). I'd recommend watching the original ones first because they are better and the story still works if you view them as a stand alone trilogy. Then you can go back and see the background to how things happened while simultaneously wanting to punch Jar Jar Binnks.

Nothing beats the original Star Wars Trilogy. The newer ones are all crap. I hate this franchise aspect of the series - even this new animated movie doesn't really look attractive enough for me - it's bereft of all soul. Stick to the classics - a big chunk of that fascination with Star Wars is that you needn't know everything to acknowledge the sheer greatness of Lucas' universe. Sadly, he's gone for the money and milking his creation dry of anything creative left.

Edited by Alexei

On some level Phube you have absorbed some massive dose of radiation or something.

No one but no one (except boys under the age of 10) would agree with you that the second trilogy offers anything at all bar CGIgasms.

The are utterly atrocious pieces of celluloid devoid of decent acting, script or plot.

On some level Phube you have absorbed some massive dose of radiation or something.

No one but no one (except boys under the age of 10) would agree with you that the second trilogy offers anything at all bar CGIgasms.

The are utterly atrocious pieces of celluloid devoid of decent acting, script or plot.

Hayden Christensen was disgustingly overlooked at the Oscars. ROBBED!

Have you watched the originals recently!?!? I mean really... They are what they are... It's not exactly highbrow is it!?

And the plot of the prequels as a whole is fantastic... it's a big political drama (I can see past the CGI, maybe you can't?!).