Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Anyone seen Attack the Block yet? Really want to see it.

went to see it last week. Pretty good. progresses fast enough to keep you interested and its pretty funny.

Funny how it gets people to laugh by poking fun at slang though you hear the language day in, day out now. Throw it in a film with stereotypical characters though and have a laugh aha

You're missing out on some fantastic films then.

Oh yeahh I'm well aware it's quite narrow-minded but I just hate not understanding stuff, subtitles just isn't the same.

I'm pretty poor with films as it is though. I've been compiling a list of stuff to watch over summer to broaden my horizons so I am trying! :blush:

Oh yeahh I'm well aware it's quite narrow-minded but I just hate not understanding stuff, subtitles just isn't the same.

I'm pretty poor with films as it is though. I've been compiling a list of stuff to watch over summer to broaden my horizons so I am trying! :blush:

once you watch a few foreign films which are absolutly brilliant you'll probably want to explore more and more :)

City of god, un prophete, infernal affairs, battle royale are some i'd highly recommend

once you watch a few foreign films which are absolutly brilliant you'll probably want to explore more and more :)

City of god, un prophete, infernal affairs, battle royale are some i'd highly recommend

City of God and Battle Royale are on my to watch list as it goes, just didn't know they weren't in English lol

Quite brutal for how old the film is,enjoyed it lol

It's weird cos i watched the Director's cut and at the beginning it goes on about how bad it was when it was made and the the version i watched had all the previously unreleased footage in it (as a director's cut usually has :P). I didn't think it was that bad at all. Only bit that was slightly horrible in my opinion was when they burned that woman alive and even then you don't see that much. Bit over hyped if you ask me.

Edited by MikeyT

Rico, I watched The Collector. In my opinion, it's better than Saw as that is the closest film I'd compare it to. I quite liked it - my kind of film if it's not a comedy film!

I genuinely thought he'd make it out safe from the ambulance onwards, but I guess that's just me being naive!

Rico, I watched The Collector. In my opinion, it's better than Saw as that is the closest film I'd compare it to. I quite liked it - my kind of film if it's not a comedy film!

I genuinely thought he'd make it out safe from the ambulance onwards, but I guess that's just me being naive!

yeah,quite an original take on the genre,glad you enjoyed it :thumbup: