Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

went to see the hnagover 2 last night. Got some hilarious bits in it. As good as the firlst one if not better which was a nice surprise. Didnt know whether it live up to it but it definately did

Hangover 2 was a bit lame I thought, some funny bits but it's literally a carbon copy of the first so you know what's gonna happen in every scene. Hope they don't do a 3rd

Ahhhh... the subjectiveness of opinion!

Watched this last night:

orphan.jpg

Pretty standard creepy child film, with a pretty decent twist at the end!

Ahhhh... the subjectiveness of opinion!

Watched this last night:

orphan.jpg

Pretty standard creepy child film, with a pretty decent twist at the end!

Keep debating whether or not to watch this. Dunno if it will be my sort of film.

Think I'll watch A Perfect Getaway or Surveillance before the weekend :)

Surveillance is a strange one. Not sure if i enjoyed it that much or if it was even any good at all but it stuck in my head for a bit afterwards, mainly because it was so damn harsh.

Edited by Anorak

Hangover 2 was a bit lame I thought, some funny bits but it's literally a carbon copy of the first so you know what's gonna happen in every scene. Hope they don't do a 3rd

Agreed, there were some funny bits, but over all it just was pretty poor. No way as good as the first!

The best bit was the cameo appearance at the end :thumbup:

I thought Hangover 2 was ****ing hilarious, saw it tonight. Love the sheer balls they had to make the same film again in a new setting, and the great thing is it worked!

I don't think it was as good as the first but it wasn't far off.

Highly reccomend, definately worth a watch.

I thought Hangover 2 was ****ing hilarious, saw it tonight. Love the sheer balls they had to make the same film again in a new setting, and the great thing is it worked!

Balls? haha.

Nothing to do with balls, it's all about $$$$$$$

I haven't seen it yet but am looking forward to. But you are the first person so far that has said it is any good. Spoke to no end of people so far that said it's awful. Haven't heard one good thing about it yet. lol

Doesn't mean it's any good though, just means alot of people went to see it. :P

I really am looking forward to it though.

actually i am too and anyway we all know the Americans haven't got any taste lol

It bugs me immensely that Hollywood crap like Hangover 2 is able to attract so many dumbed-down cinemagoers, whereas Malick's Tree of Life is more than just neglected, both by the press and the audience.

the-tree-of-life-movie-poster-01-286x450.jpg

These are the pictures people should see more often.

I take it most people just don't want to reflect when going to the movies no more.

I'm a bit pessimistic here and predict a future where three out of four movies shown at most theatres will be sequels.

It bugs me immensely that Hollywood crap like Hangover 2 is able to attract so many dumbed-down cinemagoers, whereas Malick's Tree of Life is more than just neglected, both by the press and the audience.

These are the pictures people should see more often.

I take it most people just don't want to reflect when going to the movies no more.

I'm a bit pessimistic here and predict a future where three out of four movies shown at most theatres will be sequels.

I agree with you, although might sound like a hypocrite as I did go to see the hangover.

They don't make movies like they used to, now its all about fast cars, hot girls and expensive explosions. Which isn't bad every now and again, but like you said, very few movies being released which have good meaning.