Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The plot: A drama focused on a life-changing moment in 67-year-old train engineer Odd Horten's existence: the evening of his retirement.

Have to say it doesn't sound the most thrilling of movies,

Yep, probably a good idea to read the back before I purchased it, the fact it was a bargain bin dvd should have given me some idea. I must have about 100 dvd's to get through, I always end up buying them at airports.

Just watched the second smoking aces, it's decent.

Plot is practically identical to the first including a big twist at the end so you know what you're in for.

Compared to the first it's not quite so well worked and the cast isn't as favourable but it's worth watching.

Watched that a few weeks back, again. Still a classic. They're working on a prequel to it about the Norwegian team you kinda see at the start. Could be interesting.

i'm looking forward to the prequel,The Thing is one film i never tire of watching,was a major flop when released in the early 80s,don't think audiences were ready for that kind of sci-fi / horror back then lol

Just watched...

406px-Onceposter.jpg

Nice film and some truly moving songs.

Loved that film so much... even bought the album! (Even has "Broken hearted hoover fixer sucker guy" song on it!)

You're about the only person I know who else has seen it! Had one of those "no-win" endings... like Cast Away!

Edited by Phube

Loved that film so much... even bought the album! (Even has "Broken hearted hoover fixer sucker guy" song on it!)

You're about the only person I know who else has seen it! Had one of those "no-win" endings... like Cast Away!

I watched it 'cause of you, Phubeh. blush.png

Bought it on DVD also but haven't watched it again since.

I bought the CD years ago. :thumbup: