Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Super+8.jpg

Goonies / ET with a train crash.

It was OK I suppose but seen it all before.

I thought it started well and went down hill steadly throughout. The ending was very poor and reminded me of an equally badly finished movie - Stephen Kings It.

I admire what JJ Abrams tries to do as a director. He idolises Speilberg and the notion of making movies special again. Unfortunately, for me he has yet to really pull it off. It's obvious he has tried to emulate the films that you mention (not a bad idea at all). But there are just too many shortfalls that go with it.

my 2 main problems were:

1) Main villain - Totally weak, killed off way too soon. Explain to me how a MAJOR not a colonel, not a general but a MAJOR is solely responsible for this operation. Thats ridiculous.

2) Ramming the social aspect down our throats. Why can't a sci-fi film be just that? Why do we have to have something mirroring real life, regarding the torture of hostages etc? Movies should be escapism not dressed up propaganda. Maybe the alien was a bad egg, maybe he deserved the torture. Don't spoon feed us this malpractice politically correct garbage.

so in conclusion - Super 8 =

not so super 5/10 * It has all the ingredients, but it tries way too hard.

Went to see Green Lantern with a few mates last night even though most of us didn't want to go.

It wasn't very good. Made worse by the fact that the cinema de lux are cvnts who charge £2 extra to go in 3D and then another £1 for the glasses.

The bird made up for that a little, but unless you can afford to waste the time and money on it don't bother.

Edited by ajthefox

Went to see Green Lantern with a few mates last night even though most of us didn't want to go.

It wasn't very good. Made worse by the fact that the cinema de lux are cvnts who charge £2 extra to go in 3D and then another £1 for the glasses.

The bird made up for that a little, but unless you can afford to waste the time and money on it don't bother.

lol thought it looked a bit poor, bet you lot abused it enough

Edited by samlcfc

lol thought it looked a bit poor, bet you lot abused it enough

it was alright in parts but yeah there were a good few bits where we were all sat there wondering what the **** we were watching. Had a laugh though so it's ok lol

This one takes the football hool film title for me. :D

In all fairness, The Football Factory wasn't a bad film considering. It was certainly better than that Green Street aberration anyway.