Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Ok mock all you like (whoever doesn't like) but just got back from seeing the last Harry Potter film and have to say i thought it was very good indeed. I'm not one for heaps of CGI/special effects in films as i think it's too much sometimes, but it was fantastic in this. Whether you like or not it's a great British cast as well, Alan Rickman, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, David Thewlis, Maggie Smith, Gary Oldman, Robbie Coltrane, Julie Walters, Helena Bonham Carter, John Hurt, Jason Isaacs, Emma Thompson and Jim Broadbent. I enjoyed it and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

After seeing people mocking others on here for liking it, at the end of the day what one person likes another hates, which is fair enough, but hate it when people come across as if their taste is superior to someone elses when it isn't. It's individual taste. Rant over :D

Edited by MikeyT
  • Like 2

I have never seen this film, but saw millions of Facebook statuses about this the other day all from women saying they were crying watching this when it was on tv. lol

oh the ending is a right killer ! :cry:

Just caught Catfish. Anyone else seen it? Very interesting indeed.

I saw Potter on Friday morning and i loved it. My favourite of the series. It wasn't perfect, and a few moments left me underwhelmed but on the whole i was very happy with it.

Just caught Catfish. Anyone else seen it? Very interesting indeed.

I saw Potter on Friday morning and i loved it. My favourite of the series. It wasn't perfect, and a few moments left me underwhelmed but on the whole i was very happy with it.

I've never seen one of the harry potter films... maybe a silly question. Are they worth watching?

the russians have been making some really good films the past few years. just an issue with subtitles if it doesn't get an international release.

I'd take subtitles over dubbing any day though. Subtitles don't bother me at all and never have. If the film is good then you kinda forget you're reading them anyway. That's the way i see it anyway.

I'd take subtitles over dubbing any day though. Subtitles don't bother me at all and never have. If the film is good then you kinda forget you're reading them anyway. That's the way i see it anyway.

Oh yeah definitly! The original langauge and dialect add so much to the atmosphere of the movie, put in phony accents and it just makes the film dull