Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The bank job on film 4 now

Starring Jason statham

Pretty predictable plot but good none the less

Also went to watch the new Harry potter film a few days ago and IMO it didnt overwhelm me like all the publicity said it would, then again I suppose you have to watch all the others to get into it, which I have not.

But like any film on the planet, people have views and opinions and i just happen to to think it's dreadful. I appreciate it that you like it though. Just isn't for me. :)

Don't take it personally. I just like using the word 'romp'.

Edited by Webbo

Just the special effects look very poor,the films still good tho! :thumbup:

I was having a chat with a mate of mine a few weeks back about special effects in 80's movies and the one that really sticks out for me as being ahead of it's time, is An American Werewolf in London,in the scene where David changes for the first time in the London apartment. If you haven't seen it, you will have not a clue what i'm talking about. ha

an-american-werewolf-in-london.jpg

Edited by MikeyT

I was having a chat with a mate of mine a few weeks back about special effects in 80's movies and the one that really sticks out for me as being ahead of it's time, is An American Werewolf in London,in the scene where David changes for the first time in the London apartment. If you haven't seen it, you will have not a clue what i'm talking about. ha

I think the effects in The Thing are awesome too:

thing-fin-3.jpg

I actually prefer these kind of animatronic effects way more than any CGI green screen rubbish. It was a real art form back then. Nowadays it seems the bigger the budget, the better the SFX.

definately, still holds up today.

Tron was pretty good, empire strikes back, Abyss, Blade Runner all spring to mind as pretty good for the times.

Edited by purpleronnie

definately, still holds up today.

Tron was pretty good, empire strikes back, Abyss, Blade Runner all spring to mind as pretty good for the times.

The Howling................

howling.jpg

Super 8,not as good as i thought it would be 6/10

Super-8-Movie-Poster.jpg

rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-friday-box-office__oPt.jpg

Just watched this. It was way better than I thought it would be. A solid 7.5 from me. Go bananas!!!

Really want to see this :thumbup: