Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just flicking through the channels. Theres a film called Teen Wolf starting soon. at 9pm Shall I keep flicking?

Its not a film its a TV series.

Teen Wolf the TV series is pretty good tbh..I downloaded the whole season 1 and I'm enjoying it.

the-ward-2011-blu-ray-rip.jpg

A thriller centered on an institutionalized young woman who becomes terrorized by a ghost.

Could of been better but watchable and enjoyable nevertheless.

Super 8

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Tried to be The Goonies with an alien, failed miserably.

Chubby in goonies funny and endearing, chubby kid in super-8 annoying brat.

And some of the script was beyond cringey, real fingers down the throat stuff.

Apart from a couple of scenes it was like a disney film.

Spielberg and jj abrams, should of been great, its was awful.

Edited by purpleronnie

Super 8

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Tried to be The Goonies with an alien, failed miserably.

Chubby in goonies funny and endearing, chubby kid in super-8 annoying brat.

And some of the script was beyond cringey, real fingers down the throat stuff.

Apart from a couple of scenes it was like a disney film.

Spielberg and jj abrams, should of been great, its was awful.

agree with that , i had high hopes for super 8 but it was trying too hard to be 80's speilberg and failed

The original is awesome, so two words for the producers and people wanting to re-make this...those two words are **** and off!!!

http://www.hitfix.co...emake-treatment

Hollywood is clearly running out of ideas.

Just another reason to turn to European, Canadian, Asian, Australian and South American cinema.

Hollywood is clearly running out of ideas.

Just another reason to turn to European, Canadian, Asian, Australian and South American cinema.

Totally agree with you. In the past 6 months i have started watching so many foreign films...French films being a particular favourite at the moment.

Also makes me wonder why they don't turn to books more, if they are finding it hard to think up new ideas. Millions upon millions of books all over the world they could turn to to convert into movies, so ling as they do justice to the book. So many out there that would make fantastic films.

The original is awesome, so two words for the producers and people wanting to re-make this...those two words are **** and off!!!

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/point-break-getting-the-remake-treatment

They're 'rebooting' Highlander as well. Theres also a TV series of The Transporter soon without Jason Statham.

If you enjoy French cinema I highly recommend this. Of course Hollywood are remaking it also.

1357_450x650.jpg

For those into their just straight up action movies, you'll be happy to know that Jean Claude Van Damme and Chuck Norris join the cast of Expendables 2. lol

It's like an all out 80's cast now. Haha

Jason Statham

Bruce Willis

Sylvester Stallone

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Jean-Claude Van Damme

Jet Li .

Mickey Rourke

Chuck Norris

Dolph Lundgren

Edited by MikeyT

Charles Grodin's your favourite actor of all time? He was good in Beethoven but I would say he was my favourite :giggle:

Seriously though Bobby D should make more comedies of this calibre and steer away from Meet The Parents.

Meet The Parents (the first one) i loved and then like most films that spawn sequels, never match up to the original.

But Bob De Niro is a screen legend. He started making dodgy films mainly around early to mid '00's. Saying that though, any films that he has done that have been bad films, his acing has still always shone through.

That's in my top 5 films of all time. It is De Niros favourite film he ever made. Great chemistry and a story that is funny, action packed, sad. Love it. Scene on the train us brilliant.

I was reading that they had Robin Williams in line for Charles Grodin's role, I hate to think how that would've turned out. They've also got a sequel lined up apparently (though its been knocking around for a while).