Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Let us know what its like, I remember hearing about this ages before it was made and getting quite excited but then it kind of fell off the radar a bit.

Ironclad was good. Have just finished watching it. You will like it. There's enough action in there to keep it ticking over.

Historically, fairly accurate and well worth watching. 7/10. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Watched 'The Tree of Life' last night. What an accomplished piece of direction. Stunning!

It looks really good, Terrence Malick seems to be on a roll at the moment he already has a new film lined up! No 20 year gap this time.

Sean Penn didn't like it from the sound of it...

This week it emerged that Sean Penn seems to have been as mystified by The Tree of Life as the rest of us. "The screenplay is the most magnificent one that I've ever read but I couldn't find that same emotion on screen," said the actor of Terrence Malick's graceful meditation on the meaning of life / unnaturally long ode to self-involvement.

"A clearer and more conventional narrative would have helped the film without, in my opinion, lessening its beauty and its impact," said Penn. "Frankly, I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing there and what I was supposed to add in that context!"

Penn, who spent the majority of Malick's Palme d'or-winning film moping around a mystery metropolis, was not the only person who found The Tree of Life a difficult watch.

Not that the actor's comments have lowered the director's stock among his fellow thesps. This week Christian Bale confirmed that he would be reuniting with Malick (they last worked together on The New World in 2005) in an as yet un-named project, while his next work has drawn a stellar ensemble of acting talent (Ben Affleck, Jessica Chastain, Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz).

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 25 August 2011 18.03 BST

It looks really good, Terrence Malick seems to be on a roll at the moment he already has a new film lined up! No 20 year gap this time.

Sean Penn didn't like it from the sound of it...

Terrence Mallick = :sick:

I'll watch it of course, and propbably be bored stiff ALL the way through. I just don't see how he gets away with it... ?

The New World is probably one of my favourite films of atleast the last decade.

I can see how he'd be a 'love him or hate him' filmmaker though.

I can see how the film might have been good... but it just bored me rigid! Even the Disney version wasbetter...

Saw this a couple of weeks ago on the Filmflex channel. Wasn't sure about it. Bit viont in places. Quite funny how he chose his weapon. His side kick was a bit sick.

Got a comic stylebook from the library some time back. Is it the one where he starts a trend of super heros? Similar to Super in a way.

Saw this a couple of weeks ago on the Filmflex channel. Wasn't sure about it. Bit viont in places. Quite funny how he chose his weapon. His side kick was a bit sick.

Got a comic stylebook from the library some time back. Is it the one where he starts a trend of super heros? Similar to Super in a way.

Have you seen Kick-Ass or Mystery Men?

Edited by rico