Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Tried to watch "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" last night. Ended up turning it off after 45 minutes. Could not get into it.

The original 70's one was a great movie,got Red State to watch later

red-state-movie-banner.jpg

Tried to watch "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" last night. Ended up turning it off after 45 minutes. Could not get into it.

Thinking of this statement, a question:

Do you (all posters) ever turn off a film/walk out of a cinema?

Personally I have only not finished a film ONCE, in my entire life: The Last Waltz - a Martin Scorsese documentary about a band I've never heard of doing their last gig... just had no interest in it at all!

Even bad films I have to watch all the way through...

Personally I have only not finished a film ONCE, in my entire life: The Last Waltz - a Martin Scorsese documentary about a band I've never heard of doing their last gig... just had no interest in it at all!

Done it with a few dvds,but never at the cinema,closest i came was The Adventures of Baron Munchausen lol

Never walked out of the cinema ever. With a DVD though or something on tele, if it's bad then yeah i'll turn over or stop it.

I'm too tight EVER to walk out on a film at the cinema. But usually I'll choose wisely (unless it's a chick flick for the wifey) when I spend my limited cinema tokens!

I rarely turn off films on dvd/telly etc. If I invest my time in the film, shite or not I persist to the end. I'll gain something from it. Even if it's how not to make a movie.

I've never actually walked out on a film or switched one off either. I can understand switching off The Last Waltz if you aren't into The Band or their music. Though I do love that film, if just for the fact that they had to rotoscope out a massive glob of coke from under Neil Young's nose.

I've been in the cinema with people and they've walked out and I've stayed. I've also deliberately slept through a few chick flicks (Bridget Jones Diary and The Holiday :yawn::sick: ).

Just watched The Quatermass Experiment which was based on the original TV series. David Tenat was in it playing a doctor although the credits never said he was a doctor. He had a white coat on. Bit silly really. Astranaut returns from space. Two companions missing. Noone knows what happened on the trip. The astraanaut is suffering memory loss and making strange sounds, Dr Who examines no gloves no mask and says there is a change happening to his hands. Then leaves a female assistant to watch over him alone.

Anyway they turned Quatermass into a young b clean shaven bloke. Quatermass makes a TV announcement saying this monster from space is on the loose and if not caught the whole world would die and it was his fault and asked for forgiveness.

Well if you don't mind I think I would be a little pissed off with him.

Saw this brilliant Belgium flick at the Film Festival yesterday:

1006164_nl_rundskop_1310562957252.jpg

Pretty painful to watch, but absolutely worth it. Makes you feel so uneasy (especially as a man).

Didn't get 6 awards in the home country for nothing and is a contender for best foreign feature at next year's Oscars.

Edited by MC Prussian