Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Watched atack the block tonight and thought it was brilliant , probably best time to watch this film as its about some twat london gang members who you cant help but like by the end of the film , even though they would probably be involved heavily in the london riots

Edited by grth2004

220px-Senna.jpg

Very moving. The guy was such a mishmash of contrasts - sometime you thought he was an idiot, at others a genius. The film goes a long way to showing that what he actually was, was human.

I had a weird experience where I had been out all day and not seen any news, been busy all day and I walked into my house (living at my parents at that time - two weeks before I got married) and everyone was strangely quiet and I thought to myself, "Ayrton Senna has died" and then I was told. Which was weird, because no one in my family was a big Senna fan. I wonder if with Ratzenberger dying the day before and Barricello having a really bad accident too, that made it easier for me to twig, or maybe I had heard it in the background and it had slipped into my sub-concious, but easily the spookiest thing that's ever happened in my life.

Good film though - probably even if you're not an F1 fan.

r10199588c512.jpg

Plot:

A Portrait of A Serial Killer is a feature film that delivers uncompromising performances and rare, shocking archive to reveal for the first time ever the astonishing TRUE story of The Yorkshire Ripper . Exploring his childhood, the sadistic murders of 13 women and his ongoing psychological treatment, the audience journey into the dark and twisted mind of Britain s most notorious serial killer. Psychiatrists say he is a dangerous paranoid schizophrenic, many think he is simply Evil; this film challenges the audience to make up their own mind.

Crazy, intriguing and weird. Good watch :thumbup:

crazy-stupid-love1.jpg

A father's life unravels while he deals with a marital crisis and tries to manage his relationship with his children.

Romantic Comedy with a Crazy Twist. I was entertained. :thumbup:

r10199588c512.jpg

Plot:

A Portrait of A Serial Killer is a feature film that delivers uncompromising performances and rare, shocking archive to reveal for the first time ever the astonishing TRUE story of The Yorkshire Ripper . Exploring his childhood, the sadistic murders of 13 women and his ongoing psychological treatment, the audience journey into the dark and twisted mind of Britain s most notorious serial killer. Psychiatrists say he is a dangerous paranoid schizophrenic, many think he is simply Evil; this film challenges the audience to make up their own mind.

Crazy, intriguing and weird. Good watch :thumbup:

Cannot see this listed anywhere.

Went to see Texas Killing Fields today. Solid crime thriller with an exquisit cast (amongst them Sheryl Lee of Twin Peaks fame and Englishmen Stephen Graham & Sam Worthington).

Directed by Michael Mann's wife (?) I think.

texas-killing-fields-sam-worthington.jpg

Only downside is that I think Jessica Chastain (Tree Of Life, Take Shelter, The Help and now this) is seriously over-cast this year.

She's a great actress, don't get me wrong. And she does a great job in TKF.

She's my female Liam Neeson 2011.

Edited by MC Prussian

Juat watched the 2nd Transformers film which I Sky+ed a week ago. Came to it with the view of it being being mindless action, but please - NOT THAT MINDLESS! The continuity was awful (I kept rewinding in disbelief, telling myself I must have missed something, but no.) the plot awful and the characters soulless. I should have known this; I've seen the 1st Transformers film and it was more of the same - Music Vid as Film.

Why do people give Michael Bay hundreds of millions of dollars to make cack? Give it to me and I'll make something to be proud of.

Juat watched the 2nd Transformers film which I Sky+ed a week ago. Came to it with the view of it being being mindless action, but please - NOT THAT MINDLESS! The continuity was awful (I kept rewinding in disbelief, telling myself I must have missed something, but no.) the plot awful and the characters soulless. I should have known this; I've seen the 1st Transformers film and it was more of the same - Music Vid as Film.

Why do people give Michael Bay hundreds of millions of dollars to make cack? Give it to me and I'll make something to be proud of.

Don't watch the third one then! I NEVER quit a film, but I won't be watching the last third unless I accidentally come across it on telly in years to come.

Went to see Paranormal Activity earlier. Was pretty scary, more so than the last ones. Still laughed at some points but when the actions thick and fast its pretty horrible. Safe to say I did the trip through my house to my bedroom faster than usain bolt

Went to see Paranormal Activity earlier. Was pretty scary, more so than the last ones. Still laughed at some points but when the actions thick and fast its pretty horrible. Safe to say I did the trip through my house to my bedroom faster than usain bolt

Going to watch that tomorrow, hadn't seen the 1st two until last night when I watched both on DVD - thought they were brilliant