Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Went to watch We Need To Talk About Kevin today, which I thought was a fantastic movie with an excellent storyline.

550w_we_need_to_talk_about_kevin_1.jpg

Tilda Swindon, bless her, plays an absolutely great part as a mother of a Damien-like, disturbed teenager who goes on a rampage at his high school.

The film works on two levels - first, looking back at how she met her husband, how they moved together and how she got pregnant, then how she tried to raise her malicious son.

Second part was set in present day, with her facing the consequences of her son's deed.

Class act, class movie.

The only thing I didn't like was the excessive use of the colour red as a symbol. Noticed that in a lot of movies done by female directors in general.

Go and see for yourself - it's worth it.

Edited by MC Prussian

Went to see Paranormal Activity earlier. Was pretty scary, more so than the last ones. Still laughed at some points but when the actions thick and fast its pretty horrible. Safe to say I did the trip through my house to my bedroom faster than usain bolt

Ghosts don't exist.

Its made up.

Watched a Documentary called Dig!

It follows the bands The Brian Jonestown Massacre and the dandy warhols around the mid 90's.

Really good stuff, one band climbs the heights the other implodes.

Footnote: The Brian Jonestown Massacre make Oasis look like steps!

Seen Tin Tin this afternoon - it was excellent!

Watched it in 2D, but I really want to see it in 3D now cos some of the chase sequences I imagine will be awesome in 3D (They're pretty jawdropping in 2D).

Nice humour, great animation (the best CGI film I've seen in terms of realism), some great cinematography with nice nods to Herge's frame transitions ( in which something from a previous frame merged into the next frame as something completely different) and nice to see virtually an entire British cast in a Hollywood film.

Top notch!

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Watching Screwed now on Filmflex. Pretty good. Read the book that it is based on. Thought that was a good read too.

The film was different to the book. It ws still quite good, just expecting the story resembling the book more as the author was on the production side of the film.

Hell of lot more happened in the book and prison life was more revealing.

Edited by Nightguard

I remember the first time I ever saw that film, I was about 13. The part with the emperor's mates funny names and the part where the old guy with a beard is saying "You l'cky l'cky barstad" probably had me laughing more than I've ever laughed in my life! Me and my mate were balling for ages :laugh:

Love Eric Idle!

Stepfather 2 - Make Room For Daddy (1989)

John Locke from Lost is a demented and devious man who wants to play happy families. He's on the lookout for divorced or widowed ladies with kids, so he can fulfill his dream of being a husband and a father. But if you piss him off he is going to go Bozo.

Morals of the film are - Don't teach your stepson to whistle your favourite tune because it'll go tits up. And don't teach your stepson your carpentry skills because he might end up putting a claw hammer straight through your chest.