Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just been to see "Anonymous". Not too bad. Rhys Ifans was absolutely brilliant in it, as was Vanessa Redgrave. The guy that played William Shakespeare was okay too. All the rest of the actors, i felt weren't particularly good. Both the directing and the set where it was filmed, were incredible.

MV5BMTg1MDA1Njg1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU2ODk0Ng@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

Bloody brilliant!!

Incredibly abrupt ending but brilliant.

Its political and wordy but still had enough in it to keep the misses entertained(although that was probably just gosling!)

Speaking of which, when is this run of brilliant movies of his going to end? Drive, crazy stupid, Ides of March and a couple of good'uns lined up for next year!

This is on Saturday at Phoenix Square. Its supposed to be good.

page-one-documentary-320x174.jpg

Hoping to get there to see it.

Bought my ticket for Page One today so will report on it when I get back. Starts at 6.30 PM. There are some short films done locally by media groups first.

I have a feed link to the New York Times in my We Are One Blog.

Edited by Nightguard

I've watched a few films this week and thoroughly enjoyed them overall.

Bruce Campbell, Ossie Davis and Ella Joyce star in Bubba-Ho-Tep which I thought is a touching story, with some laughs along the way. Elvis Presley and a now black JFK are living in a care home that has a Mummy preying on the old folk. This won't be to everyone's tastes but it tickled my fancy and I would watch it again.

R-Point is a Korean ghost / horror film set in Vietnam during the war. Worth watching if you are a horror or ghost story fan. Decent.

When We Were Kings - Awesome film, full of great lines and personality. Muhammad Ali is a classic quote machine. Oh, and George Foreman was a total beast in his heyday!

Antarctic Journal - A psychological type Korean film about an expedition to the Antarctic. I thought it was good but the Mrs said it was baloney. The problem is I can't really remember the ending.

Currently watching Predators (2010) which I'd never even heard of until yesterday. If you liked Predator (1987) then this is for you! It's pretty darned good and set in a jungle like the first one, except this jungle is on an alien planet. It starts off with the tough guys waking up whilst freefalling to the ground. But they have parachutes and weapons so they're laughing really. What more could you ask for apart from a BK Whopper?

super.jpg

Saw it the other day, really funny. Ellen Page does her normal 'acting like a weirdo but I still want to bang her rotten' shtick and you see her 'get rather excited' which is certainly a plus point.

It's got Dwight from the Office as the main character doing his thang, anything with him in it is definately going to be worth a watch.

Edited by Ozwin

Almost finished watching this. Quite a nice little movie. Starring Marting Sheen and James Nesbitt. "A father heads overseas to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago" from France to Spain".

The_Way_Quad_3_LR1.jpg

The Guardian are going to stream the Three Colours Trilogy.

Nice idea I hope they do it with some more films in the future.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2011/nov/09/three-colours-trilogy-live-stream

Cool, I've always meant to watch these but never gotten round to it.

Almost finished watching this. Quite a nice little movie. Starring Marting Sheen and James Nesbitt. "A father heads overseas to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago" from France to Spain".

The_Way_Quad_3_LR1.jpg

Nothing to do with the film but that image is pretty poor imo, the light on Sheen looks like it's from a completely different setting