Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Got this to watch,any good?

I've seen the trailer, and it looks as though Al Pacino is calling in his performance via paper cup and string. Tatum Channing doesn't suggest hard hitting character driven drama, though I was surprised by his place in this film, so it might be a surprise performance, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Watched Fright Night last night.

Oh dear! It was marketed as a horror/comedy. It reached neither of those two epitaphs. Bits were good, but overall a stinker, with bit of CGI which would have been better done with decent make-up.

Colin Farrell was good in bits, but it should have been better in my view.

I'll stick with the original 80's version.

Watched The Thing (new one) last night. What an awful film that now in hindsight didn't need making. It doesn't do anything for the old film. It could have been any scifi horror film of the last 10 years. Way too many plot holes, a woman lead(not sexist, but she's no Ellen Ripley so it doesn't work) most of all it creates no suspense.

John Carpenters vision of The Thing was a tense horror film where the characters isolation and mistrust created a masterpiece.

The Thing 2011 is not fit to use the same name.

Edited by One Arm Babba