Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I also watched Madagascar 2 a few weeks back to who ever mentioned it, what a film.

what a film

on another topic, how can you not like anchorman!!!

Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident. :giggle:

FAO anyone I've offended by not watching Anchorman, I'll give it a go over the weekend. Okay?

And I saw Role Models today.

Anyone that likes Superbad, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin etc etc, go and see this. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much in a cinema. Anyone considering seeing the fucking woeful Sex Drive, please don't, that's a poor example of how the genre can be done, Role Models is a perfect example.

FAO anyone I've offended by not watching Anchorman, I'll give it a go over the weekend. Okay?

And I saw Role Models today.

Anyone that likes Superbad, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin etc etc, go and see this. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much in a cinema. Anyone considering seeing the fucking woeful Sex Drive, please don't, that's a poor example of how the genre can be done, Role Models is a perfect example.

i like it,

just what i needed

I downloaded 'Everlasting Piece' a few weeks ago. I watched it and went straight down to HMV & ordered/bought it for £7. I thought it was funny & Anna Friel's :wub: Belfast accent was really good. Basically, it's set in the 80's and is about a Catholic & a Proddy who are barbers in a mental hospital & then go into business together selling wigs!

Watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. Very good with a little bit of everything you'd want from a film, action, comedy (a bit of romance for the ladies) and a rags to riches story. 9/10

Saw that today, excellent film. The cinematography is outstanding, very similar to City Of God I thought. 10/10 :)

Edited by jb-101

The Oscars 09

Best Picture:

'Benjamin Button'

'Frost/Nixon'

'Milk'

'The Reader'

'Slumdog Millionaire' :thumbsup:

Best Actor:

Richard Jenkins - 'The Visitor'

Frank Langella - 'Frost/Nixon'

Sean Penn - 'Milk'

Brad Pitt - 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'

Mickey Rourke - 'The Wrestler'

Best Actress:

Anne Hathaway - 'Rachel Getting Married'

Angelina Jolie - 'Changeling'

Melissa Leo - 'Frozen River'

Meryl Streep - 'Doubt'

Kate Winslet - 'The Reader'

Best Supporting Actor:

Josh Brolin - 'Milk'

Robert Downey Jr. - 'Tropic Thunder'

Philip Seymour Hoffman - 'Doubt'

Heath Ledger - 'The Dark Knight'

Michael Shannon - 'Revolutionary Road'

Best Supporting Actress:

Amy Adams - 'Doubt'

Penelope Cruz - 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona'

Viola Davis - 'Doubt'

Taraji P. Henson - 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'

Marisa Tomei - 'The Wrestler'

Best Animation:

'Bolt'

'Kung Fu Panda'

'WALL-E'

Edited by jb-101

Watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. Very good with a little bit of everything you'd want from a film, action, comedy (a bit of romance for the ladies) and a rags to riches story. 9/10

I didn't like it, too predictable, romance is dead, same old do gooder feel good rubbish and no different from any bollywood movie. If you've got any knowledge on India, you would know that there is no chance of any slumdog getting on any tv show.......reality bites!!

I didn't like it, too predictable, romance is dead, same old do gooder feel good rubbish and no different from any bollywood movie. If you've got any knowledge on India, you would know that there is no chance of any slumdog getting on any tv show.......reality bites!!

I assumed he got on the show by using the call centre to get on. I agree that the ending was no surprise but then that's true of most films.