Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

The Oscars 09

Best Picture:

'Benjamin Button'

'Frost/Nixon'

'Milk'

'The Reader'

'Slumdog Millionaire' :thumbsup:

Wtf is Milk?? ANd before any of you comment, I don't mean the drink! I never heard anything about that film last year! Whereas the other four are all tipped to be huge successed this year

Wtf is Milk?? ANd before any of you comment, I don't mean the drink! I never heard anything about that film last year! Whereas the other four are all tipped to be huge successed this year

The new Sean Penn film.

Just released / about to be released in the UK, I think.

it's about the first openly gay (mayor,senator,official err... summat in the US) He was called Mr. Milk!

EDIT: Just read the synopsis on IMDb... he was called Harvey Milk... and he was assassinated... That's America for you... :(

Edited by Phube

Went to see Defiance at Showcase the other night. Would heartily recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good old-fashioned action packed war film.

On a side note, the snack shop is like stepping into a time machine and finding out what a packet of M&Ms will cost in 2020. Lovely cinema though, just remember to eat and drink before going in.

I didn't like it, too predictable, romance is dead, same old do gooder feel good rubbish and no different from any bollywood movie. If you've got any knowledge on India, you would know that there is no chance of any slumdog getting on any tv show.......reality bites!!

It was an okay evening out but I failed to see what everyone's getting so excited about. Put me off the whole idea of ever visiting India mind.

Can anyone recommend me some mmmmmmovies in the same kinda style as things like...

Juno, Eagle vs Shark etc.

Don't know what to call them really. 'Alternative' doesn't really fit, but you get the meaning.

Anyone know some good indie films too?

Sideways

Little Miss Sunshine

Napoleon Dynamite

Election

Thank You for Smoking

Hard Candy (indie and with the girl from Juno but more psychological horror!)

Edited by Phube

Sideways

Little Miss Sunshine

Napoleon Dynamite

Election

Thank You for Smoking

Hard Candy (indie and with the girl from Juno but more psychological horror!)

Oh believe me I've seen Hard Candy. >_<>_<>_<

Cheers. I've just got LMS on DVD, haven't seen it properly. Napoleon Dynamite is great too from what I caught.

Thanks dawg. I might check out that Boy in the Striped Pyjamas too.

Ah the memories - a good film, however it probably didn't help one of the lines of dialogue was the same as a spoken word thing by William Shatner ft. Henry Rollins (really.) that a friend we were with had been playing the whole afternoon, causing us all to break into laughter at a serious point in the film, pissing off the entire cinema.

Edited by act smiley

Oh believe me I've seen Hard Candy. >_<>_<>_<

Cheers. I've just got LMS on DVD, haven't seen it properly. Napoleon Dynamite is great too from what I caught.

Thanks dawg. I might check out that Boy in the Striped Pyjamas too.

Do that!

Oh a few more indie types:

Garden State

And if you've missed these you HAVE to watch them:

American History X

American Beauty

Do that!

Oh a few more indie types:

Garden State

And if you've missed these you HAVE to watch them:

American History X

American Beauty

Cheers again. Garden State is one of my favourite movies. :thumbup:

Really been wanting to see American Beauty. I'll check all these oot.