Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Never actually seen the film and never will. This line still makes me laugh every time i hear it though. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

I started a thread over Christmas about bad film recommendations to get my sister (she loves crap films) someone recommended this and it didn't disappoint, its truly awful. Just the worst effects, that literally look like a kid filmed a shark toy in a bath. Also Shark In Venice was equally as bad.

Thanks to anyone who posted in that thread by the way I got some absolute stinkers, she was really pleased.

Watched 'Tyrannosaur' - pretty powerful british film. Beautiful song played at the end made me discover The Leisure Society.

Waiting For Superman - Documentary about the American school system

Its incredible to think that as a public school teacher in the USA you can get tenure for practically nothing and once you've recieved it its then almost impossible to get fired. This means you could be truely terrible at your job but due to the teachers contract drawn up with the unions you have a job for life.

The filmakers previous documentary showed teachers sitting at their desk reading newspapers as their students played dice games, one teacher even held a students head down a soiled toilet, the worst teachers were sacked only tro be reinstated a year later with back pay.

It was propsed that if you could get rid of the bottom 6-10% of teachers and replace them with an average teacher the USA could achieve levels on par with finland which currenty has the highest levels in the world.

Edited by purpleronnie